Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Should I see a doctor?  (Read 1012 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline mpavx

  • MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Liked: 0
Should I see a doctor?
« on: July 05, 2005, 03:36:04 PM »
Hi all, I'm here for the first time and hope you don't think my question is silly. Two 1/2 days ago I fell, hard on my knees, mostly my right knee. I was able to walk afterward, but by the time I'd gottn home I had a swelling about the size of a baseball below my kneecap. I iced it and the swelling went down, but the next day, and since, I find that I can walk and stand, but when I rise after sitting the pain is excruciating in the area just below the kneecap. I'm still icing and taking aspirin. My question: should I see a docotr? Is there any point since I can walk? Will that pain after sitting likely go away? Should I wear a compression bandage? Any toughts are appreciated.

Offline Ronxski

  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • *****
  • Posts: 753
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Re: Should I see a doctor?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2005, 03:51:45 PM »
hi, since your pain is described as excruciating you should go in and get it checked over. To rule out a fracture at least. You don't want to make things worse. keep it elevated and ice it off and on till you get in to the Dr. Ron
partial meniscus removal, posterior horn of medial meniscus tear,horizontal cleavage type. Dec. O4
Age 56
back to cross country skiing and biking.


  • Guest
Re: Should I see a doctor?
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2005, 05:37:21 PM »
either see your gp or get to a&e if its that painful you should get checked out.
H xxx

Offline SuburbanLife

  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • *****
  • Posts: 532
  • Liked: 1
  • User's Text
Re: Should I see a doctor?
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2005, 07:14:31 PM »
Definatly go get it checked. I decided to wait and see what happend when I fell and injured my knee. Sought medical treatment about 6 months down the road, by then the alignment of my knee had been out of place, the back of my knee cap damaged in the fall and here I am 4 years later and 4 months post op on having my knee replaced, always better safe than sorry.
March 2005-Total Knee Replacement


  • Guest
Re: Should I see a doctor?
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2005, 02:35:43 AM »
Hey! :)

I agree with the others  ;) You should definately go see a doctor, even though you can still walk on it there could be many things wrong  :-\