Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Blisters from crutches  (Read 10584 times)

Offline Heavy_Harry

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • When I stuff a knee up, I sometimes stuff it good
Re: Blisters from crutches
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2005, 10:19:06 AM »
Hello

Yes with every medical aid there is the market breaking in sessions that occurs it is a fact that the user, or usee get some blisters as part of a breaking in process........When you develop callouses on your hand you  will no longer get those painful blisters on your mittens.Fristly, if you do not want callous on your hand try weight training gloves. They are good for preventing blisters on your hands.

I had my fair share of blisters from that new brace......ooh the broken and  raw skin smarted eveytime I put the brace on it. Now the skin's hard enough to withstand the rubber pad on it without the blisters on it. Give it time, the breaking in period will end soon.. ;)

shadehawk

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2005, 12:11:57 PM »

Hi,

This is a great product genuine sheepskin seat-belt pad.  Very inexpensive and can be found in auto supply section of walmart.  You can cut this and stitch it on the side and turn with pelt side facing and have yourself some really good hand grips for crutches.  They are non-slip and soft on the hands.  I purchased (one) for each arm and the other was cut in two and used for the hand grips......

Good luck,

Shade
[/b]

Offline bcicio

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
    • BCteez - KNEEE & HIP SURGERY T-SHIRTS
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2005, 10:15:30 PM »
Pick up a bag of slit foam pipe insulators at Home Depot.  Cut a couple of handle length foam tubes and pop them onto your handles.  Wrap electrical tape around each end to keep on tight.  Worked like a charm and provided a very comfortable grip.
1973 - R. patella lig relocate (Hauser)
1974 - L. patella lig relocate (Hauser)
1978 - R. medial meniscus trim
1979 - L. medial meniscus trim
1988 - Bilateral medial meniscus trim
2000 - L. ACL recon (allograft)
2001 - R. ACL recon (allograft)
2005 - L. debrisment
9/14/11 - BTKR (single surgery)