Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Calf / Foot pain normal with ACL/MCL injury?  (Read 10552 times)

Offline Gustave

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 1
Calf / Foot pain normal with ACL/MCL injury?
« on: July 03, 2005, 02:49:12 PM »
2 weeks ago ACL/MCL tear, small femur break.  Immobilized until 2 days ago and now walking with a brace.
Anyway, I have massive pain deep in my calf and foot.  I have had this for quite a while, but it seems to not be going away.  More like a constant charlie horse than muscle pain really. 
Any thoughts?

shadehawk

Re: Calf / Foot pain normal with ACL/MCL injury?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2005, 07:56:37 PM »
Hi,

Unsure what your problem  might be, but you should definately have it checked out by your OS.  Have you called their office and made them aware of the situation.

Good luck & let us know how it turns out.[/color]
Shade

Offline raquetball1

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
  • RACQUETBALL--WALL TO WALL--INSANITY
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2005, 08:06:44 PM »
Shade is right on.  Get checked by OS.  When leg is immobilized for any period of time and calf pain ensues, one always has to at least consider deep vein thrombosis. 
autopatellar acl recon Nov. 2004 at age 51

Congress shall make no law...abridging the freedom of speech.

Offline Gustave

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2005, 08:15:02 PM »
Sorry, I should have mentioned that I did go in and have an ultrasound for DVT. Negative on that.
I was wondering if it could be a haematoma?  As I understand, that can happen, and they do go away in time....

shadehawk

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2005, 09:28:54 PM »
Hi,

A haematoma is a collection of blood in any part of your body. The blood has usually clotted or dried.

Are you icing and elevating your leg?  That should help.  If going to physio - have them use ultrasound on the area that is sore and this might help with the pain.

Good luck,

Shade
« Last Edit: July 03, 2005, 09:45:05 PM by Shade »

Offline amah12

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2013, 09:31:02 AM »
hello Boss
i have same issue with me right now and going through pain in calf. I had MCL damage 2 weeks ago and now i have non stop pain in my calf. went to emergency yesterday they checked for blood clot and negative, but they only recoomend pain killer and even with pain killer i am at pain all the time.
when i stand up with cruches it actually increases the pain in my calf. Plz tell me how did you pain got fixed what did u do, what actuallu happened and how long you had that calf pain.
plz reply me as soon as possible it could be great help for me.

I am on cruches and doctors r saying i might have ACL gone too. first week i had no pain in knee and in calf, but now after one week this calf pain is not going away. plz plz reply.

Aamir from Toronto Canada

Offline amah12

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2013, 09:46:22 AM »
2 weeks ago ACL/MCL tear, small femur break.  Immobilized until 2 days ago and now walking with a brace.
Anyway, I have massive pain deep in my calf and foot.  I have had this for quite a while, but it seems to not be going away.  More like a constant charlie horse than muscle pain really. 
Any thoughts?

Plz reply