Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: I need to VENT (complain)  (Read 940 times)

Offline Treathouse

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
I need to VENT (complain)
« on: July 03, 2005, 05:54:13 AM »
Hi everyone!  My name is Lisa.  I have been reading this site since my last injury in August 03 and you guys are so helpful!  I have had 4 surgeries on my right knee and it has always been better after each surgery except this last time.  I worked for a company when I slipped and fell and landed on my kneecap.  I eventually had surgery, but I have always felt that "it is not quite right"!  I complained early on about my hip and butt bothering me..they just said I had brusitis.  I kept complaining and then they said well it might be ITBS so they did some ultrasound.  That made it feel better but never completly worked.  I also did and still do daily stretches.  My last appt with my OS was in Feb 05.  He said that the problems with the ITBS, my butt, my hamstrings always straining are from my back and that I need to see a back dr.  The problem is, is that when I fell I only told them my knee was hurt-not my back.  And since this is WC related it needs to be approved before they will pay anything.  Regardless of that, I deal with daily pain.  The outer part of my right leg hurts so bad I want to cry.  The pain stims from about my hip and now is going down to my ankle.  My calf on the same leg is now cramping whenever I try to stretch.  Of course I am now limping from the pain (which I know is a no no, but???)  I don't want to go to my OS, because he will just yell at me and tell me that he told me to see a back dr since he thinks it my be from a slipped disc or pinched nerve in my back.  I take daily pain pills...UGH  I am tired of complaining, I know my family doesnt want to hear it anymore.  I ask my husband to rub my leg all the time...he does it when I beg, but its becoming a daily problem now.  I just don't know what to do.  Can this really be a back problem that happened when I fell???  I feel like I am such a mess now that it will take ages to fix it, and that if I just ignore it maybe it will go away.  I can't do anything anymore....house chores are hard for me...cant mow the grass.  Heck, I can't even walk through the grocery store anymore without limping half way through it.  I  know I am not the only one with problems and I am not as bad as some.  I am just frustrated and don't know where to start AGAIN????  LOL  Thanks for listening if you got this far!

Lisa
1987-scope partial medial meniscectomy and plica  1991 scope medial meniscus (recurrent tear)  2000 Reconstruction anteromedial rotatory instability for recurrent meniscal tear. 2004 scope partial medial meniscectomy and now another debridement with possible LR 1/23/07

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: I need to VENT (complain)
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2005, 06:37:55 PM »
Lisa !!

What I react on is why the didn't check your back at first time you were in. Can your work help you if there are people who saw the accident and can confirm what happened ?
Are there any possibities you can pay for visit to doc by yourself and get money back from insurance later on ? If your OS doesn't help you have you any GP who can refer you to check your back ?
If it's only 2 years since the accident and there are problems you didn't know from beginning acting up it must be wrong of the insurance company not to pay for it.
Maybe you should try get referal from your OS to a painmanagement doc.
Or why not make a second opinion. Wish i could help you more. Feel free IM if you need talking. You are not alone out there, remember that.

Hugs Nettan  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline Treathouse

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2005, 08:34:10 PM »
Thanks Nettan!

I am sorry, my accident was August of 04 not 03.  I must have been really tired when I was typing last night..lol  I guess they never checked my back because I fell on my knee and that's where my pain was.  I didn't notice the hip and butt pain for a few weeks later.  I metioned to my PT, but of course I am now finding out that they did not specify where the pain was in their notes.  UGH hindsight.  Anyway, I just need to make an appt to see my GP and see if I can get an MRI or something.  The company I worked for tried to fire me, but I won...Of course they are still causing problems and since they are self insured that makes things all the more difficult.  I actually have to go to another hearing soon for my Unemployment that they are fighting--I went months without a job, they said I was fired and I fought through a greivance.  Any way the bases for them not thinking they should pay is that they claim I had excessive absenteism...hahaha  of course, they wouldnt let me work.  I guess they do anything they can to prolong the cases.  ANyway, thanks for your reply.  I guess it just helps venting to others that understand the pain that you are going through.  Thanks again

Lisa
1987-scope partial medial meniscectomy and plica  1991 scope medial meniscus (recurrent tear)  2000 Reconstruction anteromedial rotatory instability for recurrent meniscal tear. 2004 scope partial medial meniscectomy and now another debridement with possible LR 1/23/07

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2005, 06:16:06 AM »
Lisa !!

I'm also in a fight with my work as they want me to retire, but now way they can.
I will also fight as much as I can. The problem for me is that it took several years after my accident before they really could give me a diagnose and after that treatment. So I haven't been off work just becasue I couldn't work also because they didn't know waht to do to try help me out. Let's help each other and fight together !!
Good that you can get an x-ray from GP and if that shows problem maybe you can go on and get help for it.
Keep me updated please and I will let you know how it goes for me.

Hugs nettan  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

support