Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Newbie!  (Read 1388 times)

Offline SmplySweet1021

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Newbie!
« on: July 02, 2005, 03:48:50 PM »
Hey Guys! I just signed up today after hearing about this board from the Chronicle of the Horse forums. I am 19 years old and live in Lexington, KY. I'm at Midway College double majoring in Business and Equine Management. Been riding horses for about 12 years and ride on 2 equestrian teams at college. That's what brings me here.

In March I was kicked by a horse in my left knee during a horse show. I was riding in a flat class and cutting across the ring trying to get away from a big group of horses. I was almost across the ring when a girl started circling without looking. She cut me off and her horse kicked out, got me right in my left knee. Fell right off and started screaming in pain.  :-[   Prelim X-rays showed nothing. My first doctor took MRI's showed that my Fibia and Tibula were badly bruised right about to be broken. My PCL is streched and sagging. 3 months later another MRI showed my bones are slowly healing but my PCL got worse. Again he told me to wait. I am not a patient person when it comes to me not being able to ride very well!!  :P  Went for a second opinion and when he saw my second MRI he said that my PCL is torn and he is now sending me to Dr. Johnson who does all the UK teams. That's where I am at.

Just wanted to say HI and tell you all why I was here!
2005 - Blown PCL & LCL due to Riding Accident, Surgery to repair
2006 - New Surgeon due to Problems
2007 Scope & 2 non dissolving screws still in knee
Supartz, Synvisc, Cortisone injections- Didn't Work :-(
Grade 3 Osteoarthritis at 24 yrs old

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Newbie!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2005, 03:58:58 PM »
Hey and welcome onboard !!

Hope you will find Kneeguru site interesting. I'm Nettan one of the eldest members nr 305.

Hugs Nettan  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.