Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: What is this I have?  (Read 910 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Duke

  • MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Liked: 0
What is this I have?
« on: July 02, 2005, 06:02:45 AM »
I'm a newbie. 32 y o male. Lifted a heavy item 3 years ago. Twisted the knee at the same time. A snap, no swelling. Never saw a doctor. No pain at all as long as I'm not doing high impact sports. But I started playing soccer a week ago and pain came back full force. It's underneath my left knee-cap, to the left. It pulls and pulses with mild pain. It goes up and down. And I need to crack my knee often now(which I didn't do before the injury), by throwing a kick into the air throughout the day. I read about exercises. What is this and what's the rehab?


Offline Nettan

  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • *****
  • Posts: 13862
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: What is this I have?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2005, 03:17:28 PM »
Go see an OS (orthopedic surgeon) specialized on knees before doing any rehab or trying something else. This can be a result after your injury 3 years ago.
It can be torn meniscus or cartilage damage. Go get it checked so you don't damage your knee more.

Hugs Nettan  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline BiLlySgIrL

  • MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • *
  • Posts: 3
  • Liked: 0
Re: What is this I have?
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2005, 07:22:09 PM »
HEY!! how are you?? im a 20 year old female... and i have petella femoral pain syndrome that i have had now for 5 years.  My pain occurs around my knee and under it, never directly on the petella.  i have several exercises i have to do, and they hurt if i have used my knee alot that day, or very little.  i used to play volleyball, but cant anymore becasue of the impact on my knee.  This usually occurs in women because of the hip angle that causes an odd angle for the femor to me with the petella.  You should most def. see a doctor!
Have a great day!!!
If you have any other questions feel free to email me at [email protected]