Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Fell on knees.. What do you think?  (Read 802 times)

Offline Grahf

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Fell on knees.. What do you think?
« on: July 01, 2005, 04:26:34 AM »
Today at Six Flags Great Adventure in beautiful Jackson, NJ, I was hopping a waist-height railing because nobody was in the line.. hoever, I miscalculated my speed and my foot got caught somehow and I kind of just went over and landed hard on my knees. They bled a lot from the scraping and stained my pants up quite a bit, and I got some "medical attention" soon after from the First Aid place (which just consisted of some pissy kids my age swabbing and putting bandaids on).

Well, right after the fall, my knees really hurt and I noticed it hurt a lot to bend them. It still hurts a lot to bend them (while bending, but once they're bent, the pain isn't as bad). We saw a show, and I sat for a while, and the pain almost went away, but then when we got up, it really hurt to stand. Eventually, after minute on my feet, it reverted back to only hurting when bent. The point is, they seem to get used to the position they're in after a while.

Well, I probably wrote too much on this stupid thing, but I just wanted an opinion. Think they're just bruised or something?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2005, 04:31:26 AM by Grahf »

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Fell on knees.. What do you think?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2005, 07:25:02 AM »
I think you would have severe problem if there were any serious going on with them. Of course a fall like that causes bruising and maybe also swelling. And a knee like that can feel stiff after beeing in one position for a longer while. Try RICE (rest,ice,compress and elevate) for a couple of days, if you get more problems go see a doc.

Hugs Nettan  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline Grahf

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2005, 01:36:18 PM »
Hmm.. this morning, my right knee feels kind of hard to balance on correctly while walking. It's also swollen the same way that it was when I injured it the last time (banged it into a wall, doc said I pushed the kneecap back or something).

My problem with RICEing is the rest part.. I have a lot of places to go today that I can't really back out of. :-\

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2005, 01:46:57 PM »
Use crutches as support if you really need go out or try rest here and there when you are out and be sure RICE when coming back home.

Hugs Nettan  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline Grahf

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2005, 02:06:02 PM »
Okay, I will do my best. ;D

Thanks a lot!