Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: New knee injury/ MRI Results  (Read 1041 times)

Offline hpfth

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
New knee injury/ MRI Results
« on: June 22, 2005, 08:53:01 PM »
I injured my knee last week. I was sitting on my knees and my children fell on top of me. My knee bent backwards and then twisted. I went to the md on Friday and had a MRI on Monday. I got a copy of the reults and it said that I have a microfracture to my posteriour tibial plateau. Does anyone know what this means and what the treatment will be? The actual wording on the MRI is " Bandlike pattern of edema within the posterior aspect of the medial tibal plateau, most compatible with trabecular microfracture. The appearance of the cartilage at the inferior lateral patellar facet is believed to be a manifestation of volume averaging through the lower pole of the platella." :(
« Last Edit: June 27, 2005, 05:46:46 PM by hpfth »

Offline hpfth

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: New knee injury/ MRI Results
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 01:23:54 PM »
I received my results from the ortho md and I have a tibial fracture. I am in a knee mobilizer for 6 weeks with NWB and I have to go back every 2 weeks for new xrays.

shadehawk

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005, 01:29:17 PM »
Hpfth,

Sorry about your injury.  Wow, it amazes me how easily it is to get into so much trouble!!

Wishing you all the best with the healing process.  Your biggest problem is going to be the getting sick and tired of the immobilizer & crutches.

Good luck,

Shade[/color]

Offline hpfth

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2005, 07:37:05 PM »
After 4 days I am already tired of the cruthes and have been walking ALOT more than I should be without the crutches. I guess the md is going to crawl me when I go back in 2 weeks. But it is too hard!!

Offline mhsflute07

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2005, 07:51:23 PM »
Hi,

I'm sorry to hear about your injury. I know the crutches are a pain, but please do what your OS says. You don't want to make the fracture worse, or delay healing, or you'll be on those crutches for MUCH longer!! Be careful and hang in there!!!

~Erin~
June 2, 2005 TTT/LR  R.
July 26, 2005 TTT/LR  L.
June 6, 2006 Microfracture R.
June 5, 2007 Microfracture & Screw Removal R.
March 12, 2009 Scope and ACI Biopsy R.
May 12, 2009 TTT, Trochleoplasty R.
December 15, 2009 ACI (patella) & bilateral hardware removal
December 21, 2010 LOA and LR