Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Managed to hurt myself again!  (Read 903 times)

Offline ProfLiebstrom

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • fin
Managed to hurt myself again!
« on: June 30, 2005, 02:37:16 PM »
School prom last night. Will have pics soon, had my picture taken by a professional photographer for a magazine :p.

Anyway. Was enjoyable....6 of us managed to get through 8 bottles of wine in 30 mins lol + other drinks. Everyone was up dancing and singing. Was a fantastic night. Got home....My calf muscle started cramping and I can't put any weight on it. So great. I managed to pull my calf muscle during the 4 hours or so of constant dancing which involved everything from a conga line to lots of jumping up and down.

Got to bed somehow. Moved my leg which twisted my knee slightly. And oh my god it was so incredibly painful. Looks like I have managed to sprain my MCL! Yippe. Made even better because that is where most of the pain im seeing doctor about already is!

So looks like im going to the doctors in the next few days then if it doesn't sort itself. Would go tomorrow but i'm away until monday now!

shadehawk

Re: Managed to hurt myself again!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005, 02:41:17 PM »
Prof,

Good luck to you at the doctor.  I know about MCL's they sure can be painful.  Hopefully they will get you in a brace and yours will start healing right away.  Physio exercises will also help your MCL. 

Let us know how everything goes. 

Shade

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2005, 02:47:37 PM »
You just have to be more careful about yourself, even if you had a good time out.
I know myself how easy it is to hurt yourself sometimes. But I'm no better !!
Hope you haven't damage yourself.

Hugs nettan  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline ProfLiebstrom

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • fin
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2005, 02:52:45 PM »
Well i'm gunna have to wait until tuesday I think. Unless I go to doctors now before I go up to the wedding. I think it would probably be best to go now because of my other knee problems.

I feel like such an idiot though lol. My knee has been better for a few weeks then I managed to pretty much destroy my whole leg lol. Looks like I won't be doing the highland fling on saturday! Actually come to think of it last wedding I hurt my knee just before it too!

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2005, 03:00:21 PM »
You,wedding and healthy knees seems not to manage together !!
Just kidding. Be careful with yourself, you only have 2 legs and they need to last long.

Nettan  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline ProfLiebstrom

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • fin
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2005, 05:28:40 PM »
Ah doctors closed on thursday afternoons. Will have to be tuesday or monday if its still hurting then! Which most likely I will hurt it again this weekend lol

support