Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Disclocated???  (Read 611 times)

Offline spradders

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Disclocated???
« on: June 30, 2005, 08:23:20 AM »
Hi,

Have posted here before, and on the emergency board too.  On Wednesday evening my knee locked and I was in a lot of pain, however it only lasted a few minutes.  Last night it happened again - this time it was excritiating and lasted about 20 mins.  Eventually it began to wear off and I managed to get to the GP (primary care) for an emergency appointment.  She said that my leg had gone into spasm and my knee cap may have completely come out of place, which is why it got stuck.  Does this mean it dislocated?
I am off work today and still very swollen and sore.  I also have crutches to walk on.  I am just unsure what happened.  My OS said that I have a maltracking patella which he is treating with 2 months of physio, possibly followed by surgery.
So do you think it dislocated?  My doctor was very vague.

Thanks
« Last Edit: June 30, 2005, 01:06:26 PM by spradders »

shadehawk

Re: Disclocated???
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005, 02:50:28 PM »
Spradders,

Do not have an answer to your question, sorry.  If you are having problems getting your OS to communicate with you, maybe it is time for you to seek out another opinion.  You certainly should be able to ask questions regarding what is going on with your knee and expect to get a response. 

Talk to your GP and Physio about this and get their recommendations of OS's in your area - you can easily get a referral for a second opinion.

Good luck,

Shade[/color]

support