Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Knee "Snap"!  (Read 672 times)

Offline Mare

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Knee "Snap"!
« on: June 30, 2005, 05:45:31 AM »
OK, so I am making an appt. to look at my knee for problems I mentioned in an earlier post (possible loose cartilage floating).  I was swimming today (breaststroke) and all of a sudden my knee did this painful "snap".  Yow!  After a few moments I was able to straighten it, and it is a bit tender but seems OK now.  I like to read up and do some self diagnosis before a doctor visit, especially with these guys who only give you 15 min.  So any ideas of what may have happened?  It was just like someone grabbed the knee and twisted it.  Extreme but momentary pain.  Has never happened before.  SO discouraging as I am just coming back from plantar fasciitis.

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Knee "Snap"!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005, 06:36:22 AM »
A snap sounds like you tore some ligament, but I doubt that swimming could do so much damage unless you haven't got a tear on a ligament since earlier. Maybe you have scar tissue in your knee and that you felt a piece of this loosing up.
Have you had any injuries with ligaments earlier ?
This is what I can think of.

Hugs Nettan  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

support