Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: knee spurs in 21 year old  (Read 940 times)

Offline ruffianxc

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
knee spurs in 21 year old
« on: June 30, 2005, 12:08:47 AM »
So my knee has been bothering me a lot for the past year but no doc has done much about it.  I went to another sports med doc yesterday---- like pro football and stuff.  and he was concerned because i have knee spurs and perhaps cartilage wear.  how bad is this.  i run a lot and am real worried that i won't be able to run again. this may be irrational. 

o and some background.  i had a meniscal surgury on it in 03 andI had an mri done on it last spring.  How much wear could i have on my cartilage if they said my mri was normal last april??

does anyone knwo anything besides arthritis that can cause spurs in my knee.  and also what is the chance of me being able to run again.

i'd greatly appreciate any comments.  i have my mri on friday and doctors appt on tuesday but its just too long to wait without knowing anything

i work with a lot of ortho docs and i seemed to get a variety of reactions.  i know that u can't say to much with out the mri and stuff but i was just wondering l.... i'll die if i can't run

PLEASE RESPOND WITH ANY QUESTIONS OR KNOWLEDGE
« Last Edit: June 30, 2005, 01:42:30 AM by ruffianxc »
barbotage meiscus (R) 03

shadehawk

Re: knee spurs in 21 year old
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005, 03:22:51 PM »
Hi,

Here is an article that might explain what a bone spur is:  also scroll down page and look under 'other causes of bone spurs' - http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/arthritis/g/bonespur.htm

Tendonitis, Bursitis & Arthritis can cause bone spurs. 

Now you mentioned that your MRI last April looked good - that does not really give you a 100% finding.  Mine looked pretty good also and I am having a surgery on July 28th.

Hopefully, you will get some answers. 

Shade