Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Joint hypermobility?  (Read 601 times)

Offline f/m

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Joint hypermobility?
« on: June 29, 2005, 10:39:42 PM »
Hi everybody,

I've just been diagnosed with joint hypermobility after spending last 4 or 5 months talking to docs. First people thought it was meniscus, then started the visits to rheumathologists, finally one knowledgeble doc figured the right diagnosis.

So if anybody here suffers from the same - here are the questions:
1. How do I get better? I used to do a lot of quiet serious climbing before this problem started and god, I really want to be back there in the mountains. The two problems that are killing me now are left knee and lower back. All other pains and strains I can live with.
2. I never had a serious problem with joints before... This problem started after I had a surgery for osteochondroma; which was not quite successfula nd I have secondary growth in the same place (hip). Could this have been a trigger?

Really appreciate if somebody could help on this. I get an impression that here in Russia not many docs are aware of this syndrome and less so understand what to do with it.

shadehawk

Re: Joint hypermobility?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005, 02:46:23 PM »
F/M,

Hi and welcome to the board.  Sorry about your hypermobility - there is a section in the 'Specialty Office' called 'Joint hypermobility Disorders'. 

You might find some info there that might help you out.

Good luck,

Shade
« Last Edit: June 30, 2005, 03:26:34 PM by Shade »