Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: os appointment,jus was wondering  (Read 1022 times)

Offline xbeentoolongx

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 1
  • They sed this wouldnt last, well there wrong!!!!!!
os appointment,jus was wondering
« on: June 29, 2005, 09:07:21 PM »
hoping u guys could help ???
i see the os on august 15 and he sed that it was my decision to do the scope,so i was wondering if  asked him the questions then and sed i want the scope would i  be able to have it done on thrusday or friday cause that sthe only days he does surgerty or would i have to wait till later ,or does it depend on if he is booked let me knoe please ,iam dreading over this surgery

-thanx for ur input

-heather frum mass
*25 years old
* right scope aug 16-plica removal-sheet
* left scope dec 18-lateral release and plica removal,partial synovectomy,and debridement
 2 cortisone shots
*left scope sept 13-ttt,and lateral release,well see what else? And placed 2 screws

Offline blackbeltgirl

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
Re: os appointment,jus was wondering
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 09:21:33 PM »
Heather -

It will depend on your OS's surgical schedule.  Considering you will see him just a couple of weeks before school starts back, his surgical schedule may already be booked at that time.  (Think about all the teens who didn't want to ruin their summer, so scheduled surgery with just enough time to be back on their feet for school.)  Unless it's an emergency, it's rare to get a surgery appointment the same week.  The wait time varies from doctor to doctor, but they will likely be able to fit you in within 4-6 weeks.  Sometimes sooner.

Hope that helps.
Jess
ACI was supposed to be 2/21/06.  On 6/29/06 Insurance co said have another scope, and if it still looks good, they'll ok the ACI.
Microfracture Dec 7, 2004
   3cm x 6cm lesion, LFC; 3cm x 1cm lesion, trochlear groove; lateral tibial plateau lesion
2nd degree black belt, tae kwon do (had to stop)

Offline xbeentoolongx

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005, 09:24:42 PM »
blackbeltgirl -thanx for ur input iam thinkn ill call him tomorrow and ask him the questions anfd then say i want the scope couldu do it afta u get back fum vacation,ill  let u knoe how it goes ,hope ur knees r treating u better
*25 years old
* left scope dec 18-lateral release and plica removal,partial synovectomy,and debridement
 2 cortisone shots
*left scope sept 13-ttt,and lateral release,well see what else? And placed 2 screws

Offline JenSinclair

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • Canis meus id comedit.
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2005, 09:44:40 PM »
Yeah...I booke my surgery date back in March and had the op on 16 June.  It was then or August.  My OS was already booked for most of July, and I knew that I couldn't go back to teaching on crutches.  I tend to pace while I lecture...and walk around the classroom during discussions.  A moving target keeps the kids awake (more or less), and I knew I wanted to be road-worthy by the time school started...so I ended up destroying my summer entirely.  There's an outside chance of a trip to New England just before school starts...but we'll have to see what happens to airfares (I don't want to do a 14 hour car trip).

Call the OS sooner than your appointment to see about scheduling surgery.  If you can get in sooner, then you might be able to keep the 15 August appointment as a post-op follow-up appointment.

Good luck!
Jen
LR/TTT 3 August 2006, RK
LR/TTT 16 June 2005, LK
CPMs are evil.

Offline xbeentoolongx

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2005, 09:51:08 PM »
jensinclair-thanx for your input,i will call him tomorroe and let u knoe k,hope urs knees r treating u better

-heather frum mass
*25 years old
 2 cortisone shots

doodlebugrr

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2005, 01:43:56 AM »
Hey Heather...gosh there r SO much Heathers on this site, hehe its pretty kewl :P !!  :o  ;)  :D

lol, well like everyone else said it totally depends on your OS...with mine he does surgery 3 dayz a week so his patients can get in fast....I only had to wait till his next surgery day & i wuz in :o  ;)    good luck, let us know what happens 2morrow!

take care!!
~bekah~

Offline xbeentoolongx

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2005, 04:48:27 PM »
thanx doodlebugrr-yea i knoe i guess its a popular name hehe ;D
-well i called my os and i left the questions with his secretary and she got back to me and sed he wont be in until tuesday i was ok, then i gave her the questions.beceause today and friday  are his surgery days and she i guess she would get back to me or he would wasnt quite sure. ill let guys knoe how i make out  :-\ ???

thanx so much for putting up wit me 8) ;D :D
-heather frum mass
*25 years old
 2 cortisone shots

support