Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Snap Crackle Pop!  (Read 781 times)

Offline painisevil!

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
    • Knee Pics
Snap Crackle Pop!
« on: June 29, 2005, 07:35:34 PM »
hi all!

so many questions these days, i've moved around all over this site but no matter how may topics i make i still end up finding more questions.

anyways, lately my right knee sounds really horrible when i walk, everytime i straighten it it pops, really loud.  its not always painful but i have no idea whats causing it.  my left knee doesnt make noise very often but supposedly i have the same problem in both legs so why the heck is only my right knee loud?  i suppose this isn't the most urgent problem i have but its just so annoying, i can hear my knee and it just sounds horrible. 

left knee is finally back to normal after my cortizone, though i'm not sure i'm happy about it. i had a day or two where my knee felt non-existant and now its back to its normal everyday pain.  well thanks in advance for any replies i get.

Sandy:)
~*15 yrs. old*~
~*PFS 3 yrs.*~
~*knee pain since May 02*~
~*osgood schlatter(spelling?) rt. knee*~
~*diagnosed severe misalignment- both knees*~
~*P.T. off and on for 3 yrs.(grrr)*~
~*trying to get a real diagnosis*~

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Snap Crackle Pop!
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 08:24:55 PM »
Sandy !!

Even if you have same diagnose on both knees, remember although it's 2 different knees and therefor they can act and be different. Is it any leg you favour, maybe it can have to do with that ?
Why not ask your doc next time or call and ask.
Hope you have better days in front of you with no pain or less.

Hugs Nettan  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline JenSinclair

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Canis meus id comedit.
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005, 08:40:36 PM »
Both of my kneecaps were malaligned (...now it's only the right!), but I had a traumatic incident with the left that made it much worse.  The right has always been noisier, but the basketball injury to the left did it in.

Peace and good luck.
Jen
LR/TTT 3 August 2006, RK
LR/TTT 16 June 2005, LK
CPMs are evil.

Offline blackbeltgirl

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2005, 08:47:20 PM »
SAndy -

I think the general rule is that noise is ok, pain is not.  My knee cracks and pops often, but it rarely hurts when it does it.  Add it to your knee journal, and start keeping a running list of questions for your OS.  (I keep one on my computer, and every time I go to the OS I print out the current version.  When I get back, I write in the answers, and keep it all in my knee file.)

Maybe you can start using the back page of your knee journal to keep your list of questions.  WHen you bring in a written sheet of paper, you don't get home to realize you forgot to ask the most important questions on your list.

Jess
ACI was supposed to be 2/21/06.  On 6/29/06 Insurance co said have another scope, and if it still looks good, they'll ok the ACI.
Microfracture Dec 7, 2004
   3cm x 6cm lesion, LFC; 3cm x 1cm lesion, trochlear groove; lateral tibial plateau lesion
2nd degree black belt, tae kwon do (had to stop)

support