Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Has anyone found a hip to be causing knee pain?  (Read 791 times)

Offline SuburbanLife

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • User's Text
Has anyone found a hip to be causing knee pain?
« on: June 29, 2005, 06:27:02 AM »
I recently had my knee replaced, yet the pain continues, OS is looking into the cause of my knee pain being my hip. Just wondering if anyone has had their hip related to their knee pain.
March 2005-Total Knee Replacement

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Has anyone found a hip to be causing knee pain?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 06:32:45 AM »
I haven't had that but a friend of mine had. Knee pain doesn't always mean you have problems with the knee. It can come from hip, back, feet or ankle. Often the pain appears cause you don't walk propertly if you have problems somewhere else, you compensate.
Hope you can get a good answer from your doc and also help for it to get ride of your pain.

Hugs Nettan  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline LBR

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005, 12:44:15 PM »
A couple of years ago my cousin had what was thought to be severe knee pain.  Just before knee replacement surgery was scheduled, another doctor determined that the problem was not with his knee, but with his hips.  He eventually went on to have double hip replacement.  In his case, the hip degeneration was caused by treatment he received for cancer.  I hope this helps.  Good luck!

Offline SuburbanLife

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • User's Text
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2005, 04:41:12 PM »
Thanks for the input. I find it interesting, my OS says knee pain travels downward and hip pain shows up in the knee most times. He checks my hips every time I'm in there, but my hips don't hurt, but my knee does, and with nothing left in my knee to be hurting after a total knee replacement, I'm wondering if maybe he's right, (duh, like he's the doctor!), but it just seemed so strange to me, was just wondering about others experiences.
March 2005-Total Knee Replacement

support