Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: anyone with PFS please help  (Read 871 times)

Offline pakster8

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
anyone with PFS please help
« on: June 27, 2005, 08:23:38 PM »
I've had PFS for 3yrs in both knees but mostly in the left knee. My dr told me i had flat feet and thats what was causing my PFS. i have foot supports in my shoes and i have a brace to wear when i play tennis. about three monthes ago my right hip started popping alot. It stopped for a while and about a month ago it started popping again and now its starting to hurt worse than before. My Dr. told me it was nothing to worry about as long as it didnt hurt but now it does hurt. If anyone out there with PFS knows whats going on with my hips please help.   

Offline painisevil!

• Regular Poster
    • Knee Pics
Re: anyone with PFS please help
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2005, 04:46:42 AM »
well,  i've also had PFS for 3 yrs and also just started having my hips pop(and have flat feet but i haven't done anything for that).  i went to the doctor and he kinda skipped around my concern about my hips, which made me quite upset.  quick question,  do your hips ever feel like they will pop out of place?its really painful and mine do it all the time which is very frusturating, i wish i could give you some answers but i can't even seem to get them myself.  good luck.

Sandy
~*15 yrs. old*~
~*PFS 3 yrs.*~
~*knee pain since May 02*~
~*osgood schlatter(spelling?) rt. knee*~
~*diagnosed severe misalignment- both knees*~
~*P.T. off and on for 3 yrs.(grrr)*~
~*trying to get a real diagnosis*~

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2005, 06:27:37 AM »
Go back to your doc. He said you shouldn't worry as long there were no pain but now you have pain. Get it checked. Maybe you need strenghten muscles around the hip. I have hip problems too and have a programme for them. In my case it's caused by jumping around too much on my better leg.
Wish you good luck !!

Hugs nettan  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline pakster8

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2005, 11:22:43 PM »
yea, my hips sometimes feel like they'll pop out of place, mostly in my right hip. it feels really weird and it hurts even when i'm just sitting there. My Doc. also seems to skip around the question about hips. the last time i went to my doc i tried to tell him that it was hurting and popping. but he just didn't seem to concerned about them. all he told me was that it wasn't something to worry about as long as it didn't hurt. i did try to tell him it was hurting but he just ignored me. I have some excersices to do for my knees and my PT said that 1 of those would help strengthen my hips. i guess they hurt and pop because they are weak and also from jumping around to much on my right leg because the PFS isn't bad in that leg. I play alot of tennis and now because of my left knee i try not to put so much stress on it. i guess that would be why they hurt. i go back to my doc on the 11th.
Pakster8

support