Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Is this a problem?  (Read 794 times)

Offline daisygirl2

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
Is this a problem?
« on: June 28, 2005, 03:56:57 PM »
ok here is the weidest thing I have ever had happen.

I went to bed thursday and when I woke up friday I had severe pain in my "bad knee" and a small bruise just near the portal scar. (which finally turned white) no pain when I touched it but i did get a faint tugging sensation then the bruise. Anyway I ignored it and later that afternoon I noticed the bruise grew in size and my scars turned red again. I figured it was a brusie and still ignored it (mind you i Haven't bumped the knee into anything at this point) anyway its is now tuesday. And the burise is not only bigger is is more red then black and blue. Its this gross red color and its still pretty big and the knee hurts when i put weight on it. With eachday its getting darker and bigger. Should I be concerened? I had alot of trouble with this side of hte knee discoloring. A few months out of hte surgery my OS said the surgey site was still bleeding internally. Hence the discoloration. Umm what should I do? Should i worry or ride it out? SHoul I call my OS (I called him the other week and I don't want to be a pest)

Offline Patty0513

• SuperKNEEgeek
Re: Is this a problem?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2005, 04:02:08 PM »
Hi Daisygirl,
   Because it is getting bigger and is red, I would definitely call your OS.  Don't worry about being a pest, better safe than sorry!  And you are paying him/her a lot of money to take care of you!!

Best wishes,
Patty

Offline Run262

• Regular Poster
  • User's Text
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2005, 04:03:27 PM »
Call your OS - that's what they are there for - that's why they get paid the big money. Sounds like something needs to be checked out.
2/04 - Diagnostic scope suspected meniscus tear - normal healthy joint found. L knee
4/04 - cortisone shot L knee - two weeks later, the portal scar tissue during re-hab broke up! All is good!
8/11 - Lateral meniscus radial tear - scope - L knee

Offline rozzzie

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • smile:a little curve that strightens everythig out
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2005, 04:14:40 PM »
Call your OS.   You don't want to risk your knee because you didn't want to be a pest.

Please call him, and let us know what he says.

H U G s !        Hope   it  feels   BETTER ! !

Rozzzie
OA of knees since 85 
93 scrambled ankle - PE
98 PE
99 anlke fusion
04 hit by car broken leg, ribs AC joint seperation
RTKR  Dec 1 2005
LTKR. IM rod removal March 16, 2006

support