Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Do I Have a Tattoo?  (Read 961 times)

Offline Patty0513

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
Do I Have a Tattoo?
« on: June 27, 2005, 08:02:11 PM »
Greetings all,
   I am just wondering if I have a tattoo somewhere that says, "Please tell me I have an arthritic joint and I need joint replacement???   :)  Went to the OS because of a new pain in my hip (I have had pain in the joint for 5 or 6 years now, but developed a new pain about 2 months ago).  First of all, he spent as much time examining my knees and using them to explain TTTs to his nurse as he did examining my hip.   :)  Then he looks at the hip x-ray and examines the hip.  He tells me that I have a very inflamed bursa in my hip.  Then he informs me that I have an arthritic hip (which I already suspected  :) ) and I am wearing down the bone.  He then says, "Let's discuss hip replacement".  I laughed and said, "Let's not, if I get any joints replaced the knees get first dibs".  Anyway, now I remember why I always put-off going to the OS, I hate hearing that I have another arthritic joint!  Or maybe I have arthritic joints because I put-off going to the OS!!  ;D  Oh well, I'll just add it to my "Painful, Arthritic Joints to Ignore" list!!  :-)  Great way to start the week!!  :-)  Is it painful or expensive to get a tattoo removed??   :)  Take care everyone and have a good week.

Patty
P.S. The arthritic hip can be blamed on altering my gait because of my knees.  Dumb old knees!!   :)

shadehawk

Re: Do I Have a Tattoo?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2005, 08:09:11 PM »
Patty,  :'(

Hate to tell you this - but tattoo removal is really a surgery also.  Go figure!!

http://www.patient-info.com/tattoo.htm

Sorry that your Monday is not going too well, but you have many more days left in the week so we should be able to boost your spirits.  Oh why can't they find some answers to these knee & hip problems??  It sure would be nice to be able to take something and it would actually work....

Well, sorry I am not cheering you up.

Hugs,  ;)

Shade
« Last Edit: June 27, 2005, 08:44:37 PM by Shade »

Offline smiley196

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • *I love soccer...miss you girls*
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2005, 08:16:34 PM »
Hey
Sorry to heear your OS appt didnt go so great. Hope your feeling better!
Krista
*16 years old*
Left Knee:
Torn:PCL, ACL, MCL
SEVERAL dislocations
Grade 3 Chondromalacia
Medial & Lateral Meniscus tears
Plica Syndrome
Sept 14th 2005-(LK)ACL recon, TTT, menisectomy,plica removal

May 26th/06-Torn ACL(RK)

June 14th/06-(LK)ACL graft recon, screw removal, menisectomy

Offline SuburbanLife

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • User's Text
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2005, 04:47:58 AM »
Patty,
First off I'm sorry to hear that you have such problems, but I also have to be unpopular here and tell you to not discount the hip issue. Your hip, if there is a problem there, can be causing your pain in the knee. Hip pain travels down, you feel it in your knee, don't jump the gun and go for a knee replacement first. I had my knee replaced in March, funny thing is, that didn't relieve my pain. My knee was bad, from an injury, but now my surgeon is thinking that my hip may be bad. Pain is still persistant and right in my knee, so seriously, don't rule out the hip issue.
Lisa
March 2005-Total Knee Replacement