Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Whats happened?  (Read 990 times)

Offline funkymunky

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Whats happened?
« on: June 27, 2005, 07:28:17 AM »
Hi,

As I have a lot in my head I am just going to blurt it out in the hope somebody can help so please excuse the muddle.

Both my knees are unstable as in they sublux every month or so each. I fully dislocated my right knee about ago.

Both my knees tilt outwards, have a very small groove to sit in and ride high. Both also have next to no cartilage behind the knee cap. I had an arthroscopy & LR in January on my right and the same on my left 2 weeks ago.

After the right knee LR everything was looking really good apart from bad swelling which took a few weeks to get rid of, I was getting down the gym and building my muscles and my knee was trackin in the right direction all was well thing were looking good.

2 weeks ago I has the left knee done. Usual swelling etc but no real pain etc. Finally got rid of my crutches 2 wks later, doing some light no resistance gym work ( far sooner than the other leg, about a month).

I was walking normally then the newly operated left leg buckles. Not sure if it was a sublux or just gave way but my right leg followed and subluxed and I can crashing down to the floor. I heard a nice deep gringing sound from my right leg and really struggled to get up ( not like other subluxes where I can get up after a minute or so and walk off.  ).

My knee swelled up a lot and can feel pain on the bottom left of the right knee cap (medial side?  if looking at you own knee from above) The swelling is high all over but more over where ther LR surgery was done on the top right of my knee near the quads. It is tricky to walk and have to really use my cruthes and am treating the newly operated knee as the good one!

It has worried me as I feel I might have injured something more or would my right knee still be sensitive 5 months after the op? Does this sound familliar to anydody

2 days now and swelling is still there. What should I do? Does it sound familliar to anybody?

God bless....
Nick

shadehawk

Re: Whats happened?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2005, 10:16:00 AM »
Nick,

Sorry about your fall.  You could have caused more damage or could have strained the knee ligaments or etc. etc. 

You really need to go to your OS and have your knees properly assessed.  I am sure if you gave them a call they'd take you right in since you are still recovering from surgery.

Have you been icing & elevating since the fall and taking N'saids or other pain meds?  Are you in PT?  If so, have them do ultrasound on your knees to try and get the swelling down.  It will also help with the pain.

Let us know how everything goes.

Shade[/color]

Offline funkymunky

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2005, 06:03:16 PM »
Hi Shade,

thanks for your reply. I have been icing and keeping my leg up as much as I can. I am currently undergoing physio and am going to see her tomorrow. I tried contacting my OS but could not get through so left a message.

It happened again this after noon but really think they both gave way because of the swelling / lack of muscle control at present.

take care.....
Nick

Offline funkymunky

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2005, 07:31:15 PM »
just an update....

I went to see my OS and he checked my knee out and said all the test he performed were good and showed no signs of any damage. the catching of the knee was probably due to s small bit of cartilage in the joint but luckily nothing serious.

Guess I just have to give it a while..... ::)

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2005, 08:03:09 PM »
Good that you didn't damge the knee more. Hope it will get better soon.

Hugs Nettan  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

shadehawk

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2005, 10:26:20 PM »
Nick,

Hey, that is really good news.  Thank you for updating us.   Hopefully all will be okay after all. 

Let us know how everything goes.

Shade[/color]

support