Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: 14 years old and very troubled....  (Read 656 times)

Offline Orrorin

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
14 years old and very troubled....
« on: June 27, 2005, 07:02:53 AM »
Please help me.  A year ago I fell and scraped up both my knees.  There is always slight pain in my right knee, even as I sit typing this, but my left is, to what I've come to find, is a little more exotic.  My father has rheumatiod arthritis quickly spreading throughout his body while my mother has some osteoarthritis in her lower back.  I'm afriad that I am showing signs of arthritis to early.  However, when I fell onto the concrete, my left knee was terribly scrapped and scarred.  But it never bothered me like my barely damaged right knee did.  If you feel on my leftt knee, there is what my mother thinks is a cyst, but I don't think it's that easy.  The beadish substance in my knee can be moved anywhere on the right side of the patella.  Now I just realized that there are two of these 'pebbles' in my knee, and I'm sure in time more will come.  Also, if i sit on a chair with my knees bent down, it feels like cartilige or tissue is ripped, much unlike my right, which feels like a regular knee, but it's the one with the pain.  The 'beads' in my left knee can be easily found by feeling for it, and sometimes a little lump can be seen on my knee.  It doesn't bother me physically that it is there, there is no pain at all to move the little things around or that the cliff style torn tissue is how it is.  I don't know what to do, I'm hoping for a visit with the osteologist, if there is one.  In the mean time, I'm worried as to what these beads in my knee are.  If you know anything like this, please post me back ASAP.  :'(
The healthy and strong individual is the one who asks for help when he needs it. Whether he's got an abscess on his KNEE or in his soul.
Rona Barrett

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: 14 years old and very troubled....
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2005, 07:11:26 AM »
Hey !!

First of all welcome !! I don'w know where you are located, but a visit to a GP for referal to OS or a visit to OS (ortopeadic surgeon specialized on knees) directly can shade light of your problems. Doesn't have to be as bad as you think. But you need check it out, then you know what's wrong and don't need go around worry.
Wish you good luck !!

Hugs nettan  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

support