Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: noisy knee  (Read 635 times)

Offline claire.S

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
noisy knee
« on: June 26, 2005, 04:02:32 PM »
Hi all, I have posted on her before,I had a car accident in 03 and amongst other injuries my left patella was shattered(compond fracture) the sin was torn where the bone came through, the scar is not very pretty and quite big as it was trauma surgery, not one of those nice thin silver straight scars. Anyway they wired it back together, lots of physio, but June last year had alot of pain, so they removed metalwork, did lateral release and medial plication, the last two years are abit of a blur, anyway now I'm relatively pain free for the first time in ages, but now the knee is really noisy when i bend down or bring my knee towards me it does like two loud cracks like bones braking.  When I was in pain before the op it was not noisy like that, do you think it is just wear and tear, will exercise help? I have been abit lapse with exercise since the pain eased.  I'd appreciate any help, oh and thanks to shade for her support in an earlier post Claire xx
« Last Edit: June 26, 2005, 04:55:23 PM by claire.S »
Jan 2003, Car Accident, compound fracture of L Patella,(tension, band wiring, screws) fractured R clavicle, Facial injuries.
Jan 03, open wound wash out, then closed
2004 Metal work removed from knee (3 knee ops)
Many other non knee ops(May 05 clavicle op to have plate out)

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: noisy knee
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2005, 04:39:30 PM »
You said you have been " a bite lapse ", sorry I'm swedish and some things I can't understand, what do you mean ?
When were you last time to a doc ?

Nettan  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

support