Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Knee Pain  (Read 633 times)

Offline shelmo

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Knee Pain
« on: June 25, 2005, 04:56:15 PM »
Hi All,

Ive been training in the gym for a while now, leg extensions/squatting ect, i play football also, and do quite alot of skipping to keep fit and alas think my right knee has started to feel the strain!

i do quite alot of driving and after being seated in cetain position for a while me knee almost gives way when i try to stand,

When I hold my knee in certain position and move it slowly I can see and feel a popping over on the outside of the knee always at the same point of rotation.

This seems to be getting worse quite quickly as this only started few weeks ago and just thought it was an ache but now it is getting quite bad, I will be visiting a physio as soon as i get some time off work!
But if any1 has any ideas as to what this might be and an advice that would be a great help,
I have stopped all my sports until i get this sorted!

Thanks very much

Chris Shelmo

Offline shelmo

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Knee Pain
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2005, 04:58:30 PM »
Sorry forgot to say that when i try to straighten my leg totally my knee really hurts along all the right hand side,

Thanks Again

Chris Shelmo

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Knee Pain
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2005, 08:02:00 PM »
Maybe you just have been starting to doing too much for your knee and needs to hold back for a while. Try that along with RICE. Maybe a visit to a OS would be a good idea too
if things doesn't improve soon. Good luck !!

Hugs Nettan  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

support