Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: New here and have knee troubles!  (Read 728 times)

Offline Mare

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
New here and have knee troubles!
« on: June 25, 2005, 07:23:22 AM »
Hi, I'm a runner who has been diagnosed with arthritis (via Xray) in left knee.  However, I think something else is going on.  Often when walking downstairs, I feel a small "bubble" pass over my knee cap and it seems to become lodged near the top of my knee.  I can usually press it back into place.  Then sometimes if I get up funny, my knee doesn't want to straighten all the way.  I was attributing all this to custom orthotics, which I was unneccessarily prescribed for plantar fasciitis.  The orthotic on my left was pushing my foot into an outturned position.  But I have not worn the orthotics for about a month now.  I've just gotten over the PF and am running again so I really don't want to have something else wrong!  I haven't seen anything on this site that resembles my bubble problem.  Any advice?  Thanks!

Offline vette girl

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: New here and have knee troubles!
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2005, 09:56:37 AM »
Hi ya!!

Make SURE you see a good Ortho Doc!!  I had MRI's done on both of my knees for a work related injury and the only one that read the report was my Dr's physicians assisant! And of course the radiologist!!

Good luck! :)
Live 4 now!

Offline goose

• Forum Faithful
  • User's Text
    • Jennifer Linforth, Author
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2005, 05:49:48 PM »
Dunno, I'd tell you doc about that. Some times  you can get loose bodies floating in the knee, like cartlidge that would cause the knee to catch, but floating on the top of you knee where you can see it is odd...

Goose
RK-LR 1988
RK-LR 1999, chondromalacia, torn cartlidge removed, debridement
LK-LR 2002, chondromalacia
LK 11/2004 diagonstic scope, lesion removed, debridement
LK-TTT 12/8/2004

Offline BiLlySgIrL

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2005, 06:45:11 PM »
Hi, although i know nothing about your arthritis, i do understand about the "bubble" you feel sometimes.  I am 15 and love to play sports, but recently discovered that my knee was becoming very painful after playing sports for a long time or sitting for a long time.  I went to the doctor and he diagosed me with Patella Femoral Pain Syndrome.   He shared with me that there are many factors that cause this.  He could not explain the "bubble" i sometimes feel when walking on steep inclines or stairs.  So, if you figure it out, please let me know!!!

Offline Mare

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2005, 02:17:21 AM »
Hmm. that sounds just like my knee, BillysGirl, though mine is not painful.  Just that bubble thing and recently it has been locking up.  Thanks for the replies so far--it sounds like something I should check out, though I'm scared to do so.  BillysGirl--are there exercises you are doing to help your knee? You're pretty young to be in pain.  I find leg extensions help somewhat.