Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Kneecap Surgery  (Read 637 times)

Offline kibrooks25

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Kneecap Surgery
« on: June 23, 2005, 10:58:11 PM »
I am having a hard time gathering info from my doctor concerning the surgery I would like to undergo.  My knee cap is grinding against the other joint and eventually I won't be able to bend my knee.  My only question is about how much would this type of surgery cost?  I will try my best to spell out the type of surgery I am required to have: knee arthroscopy surgery.

shadehawk

Re: Kneecap Surgery
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2005, 05:32:25 PM »
Hi,

We are not doctors here so it would be really hard for us to tell you how much a surgery would cost.  It also would probably depend on what damage needed to be repaired in your knee before anyone could tell you the cost of surgery.

They might be able to give you a general idea of the cost.

http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/booklet/thr_report.cfm?thread_id=8&topcategory=knee

Sorry that I could not help you,

Shade
« Last Edit: June 24, 2005, 05:34:29 PM by Shade »

Offline JBL

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • LIFE RULES - STAY COOL
Re: Kneecap Surgery
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2005, 03:18:55 AM »
Hi everyone,

Do you have medical insurance, if so it may not be very expensive, I had a bilateral scopes with insurance as well as the govt medical  (medicare) paid for my surgeon fees, as for the anthestists fees it was done also the same but I had to pay twenty five dollars for the difference of scheduled fees.  But doctors seem to charge different fees no two are the same best to talk to a doctor.

Without insurance it would have cost me about three thousand dollars so if u can get insurance and the money you pay into that is benefical to the cost of doctors fees.

I also have to have replacements, will go much the same way but I believe I will be about five hundred maybe a bit more out of pocket and the docs fees for this is much higher its close to about six thousand dollars.

So if you can get insurance I recommend that.

Have a good day.

Hugs
JBL
20/10/04  BILATERAL SCOPES
08/07/05  RPKR
09/12/05    LTKR

support