Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Can anyone Help???  (Read 1395 times)

Offline sarahjones

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Can anyone Help???
« on: June 23, 2005, 10:06:43 AM »
Hi,

I had ACL reconstruction last April, and 3 more scopes following bleeding, infections etc and to remove staples.  Recovery was very slow as I was plagued by sharp pains down the outside of my lower leg, which now after 12 months since the last surgery the OS tested for compartment syndrome, which I was due to have decompressed.  In the mean time I've still had excessive swelling,bruising and pain in the knee - having just had another MRI have found a lateral collateral ligament tear which was not there 12 months ago.  If anyone can advise about types of exercise, pain control, similar injuries - appropriate operations (2 reconstruct or not!) I'd be most greatful! Been thinking i'm loosing my mind with all this unexplained pain, and inability to get back to my standard of sport, having found out about the new injury i'm feeling kind of crushed having thought i was just starting to get back on track to play 1st league tennis, now back to physio exercises!
Thanks for any help
Sarah :'( ???

Offline christinaadams

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
Re: Can anyone Help???
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2006, 03:21:37 PM »
HI Sarah

How is your knee feeling now?

Would it be possible for you to tell me what the test is called when they test for Compartment Syndrome and how they do it?

Your help would be much appreciated.

Take Care

Chris

Offline jemathewson

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
Re: Can anyone Help???
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 12:58:03 AM »
HI Sarah,

Sorry to hear of the LCL. Most surgeons here in Canada will not operate on an LCL unless it is really unstable as it is not as "important" as the ACL/PCL and all of our emergency rooms are fully booked up. I will keep my fingers crossed that you won't knee to have your repaired.
I know what you mean about all this time of unexplained pain. Although my ACL surgery over a year ago was fine I have been having an unexplained pain down the back side of my leg which none of my OS can explain. Part of the problem is trying to explain the pain as it seems to stem from the joint and run into the calf. I have had Xrays/ MRI's/Cortosone shots none of these have helped. Part of me feels like maybe i am making it up in my head because none of the OS believe...I must admit it probably doesn't help that I have a hard time explaining it and it doesn't seem to be affected when they touch certain areas. All I can say is that the pain which can be at times quite strong is not related to the mild arthritis/chrondramalasia or the crack in my cartilidge which they have found - and all they can focus on.  Occaisionally I have had very short term relief with my PT using manual muscle therapy however, the relief lasts only 1/2 hr to 1 day. Today was the first time someone mentioned Compartment Syndrome and I am trying to see if that is what it could be? 
ACL - reconstruction March 9, 2007
Meniscal repair March 2002

support