Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Help......knee pain  (Read 673 times)

Offline Freems

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Help......knee pain
« on: June 23, 2005, 02:02:09 PM »
Hi all, I'm a regular football (soccer) player approaching the twilight of my competitive days and until recently have been relatively injury free. Last week I had two midweek 5-a-side games, one on Tuesday and one on Thursday. After the first game I had quite a severe pain in my right knee, it felt like it was just at the bottom of my kneecap. Me being stubborn played again on the Thursday and was in real difficulty going up an down stairs at the end and my knee felt extremely weak. I rested over the weekend and played again on Tuesday this week and was struggling again towards the end of the match and have quite heavy pain when I walk on anything but a flat surface, it also hurts when I run. There does not seem to be any swelling around the area. My main question to anyone who can help is do you have an idea what could be wrong? Do I need to go and spend loads of money on a Physio or is rest the cure? Anyone had this problem before? My knee still feels very weak and the pain seems to be getting worse so any advise would be great. Cheers

Offline rozzzie

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • smile:a little curve that strightens everythig out
Re: Help......knee pain
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2005, 02:16:21 PM »
Hi, Sorry you are having knee pain.   :'(  I would try RICE: Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation.  Ice 20 minutes out of every hour as often as you can.  If it hurts don't do it, and get off your feet as much as possible. Don't play football until it no longer hurts. If on Monday it's no better or you still have pain on Friday of next week, make an appointment with your GP and request a referral to an OS who specializes in knees.  GP may do X-rays and send you to Physio first, but at least you can start the ball rolling.

Good Luck!  8)  Let us knnow your progress.

H U G s !  !

Rozzzie  8)
OA of knees since 85 
93 scrambled ankle - PE
98 PE
99 anlke fusion
04 hit by car broken leg, ribs AC joint seperation
RTKR  Dec 1 2005
LTKR. IM rod removal March 16, 2006

Offline Freems

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: Help......knee pain
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2005, 02:20:13 PM »
Thanks for the advise Rozzie. Seems like you know what your talking about.