Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: WEAR AND TEAR ON KNEE  (Read 1419 times)

Offline chelsea1cakes

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
WEAR AND TEAR ON KNEE
« on: June 20, 2005, 05:44:35 PM »
HI I POSTED AN ITEM ON HERE WEEKS AGO STATING THAT I WAS HAVING TROUBLE WITH MY KNEE AND BACK - I HAD A MRI SCAN 4 YEARS AGO AND WAS TOLD IT WAS WEAR AND TEAR ON MY KNEE AND THEY COULD DO NOTHING TILL I AM 70! WELL I HAVE JUST HAVE MY RESULTS FROM AN XRAY(SAME KNEE) AND HAVE BEEN TOLD ITS WEAR AND TEAR DOES THIS MEAN ITS NOW WORSE AS IT DID NOT SHOW UP IN AN XRAY 4 YEARS AGO ONLY ON SCAN. I AM IN A LOT OF PAIN AN ALSO HAVE A DEHYDRATED DISC IN MY BACK ARE THE TWO CONNECTED??
I HAVE READ ON THE INTERNET THAT WEAR AND TEAR IS OSTEOARTHRITIS - I HAVE BEEN OFF WORK FOR A YEAR WITH THIS AND NOW BEEN REFERED TO OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH WHO WON'T LET ME BACK YET AS MY KNEE KEEPS GIVING OUT.
I WORK WITH KIDS IN THE PLAYGROUND AND DO LOTS OF GAMES AND RUNNING AROUND WITH THEM BUT CAN'T DO IT NOW SO I DON'T KNOW IF I SHOULD ASK DOCTOR IF I SHOULD GIVE UP WORK. I WOULD BE GRATEFUL FOR SOME SUGGESTIONS - SORRY I HAVE RATTLED ON A BIT BUT I AM REALLY FED UP
SUE

Offline rozzzie

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • smile:a little curve that strightens everythig out
Re: WEAR AND TEAR ON KNEE
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 06:09:16 PM »
Hi Sue,
Sorry you're having so many problems.  The Dr that you are seeing is it you GP (PCP) or is it an OS?  If it's you normal doctor please get a referral to an OS that specializes in knees.  There are things that can be done, depending on the exact nature of your problem.  Look around on this site especially down in the Arthritis section, you will see several sections and one or more MAY apply to you.

Sending   HEALING   THOUGHTS   and   HUGS ! ! !

Rozzzie
OA of knees since 85 
93 scrambled ankle - PE
98 PE
99 anlke fusion
04 hit by car broken leg, ribs AC joint seperation
RTKR  Dec 1 2005
LTKR. IM rod removal March 16, 2006

support