Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Really stressed out!!!  (Read 1144 times)

Offline Sharon

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
Really stressed out!!!
« on: June 11, 2005, 05:06:49 AM »
Hi everyone,

Well, as you porbably read in my previous post, I just scheduled my surgery the other day for July 18. Well, today I got some news that is going to possibly complicate things a bit for me. My mom has been having some trouble with her back so yesterday she went to see an OS and surprise surprise he prescribed PT. So we've been trying to call my PT office for 2 days and haven't gotten any answer, just ringing and ringing. So tonight I decided to look it up to make sure we had the phone number right and what I came up with is that I think it was taken over by another company and I don't think any of my therapists are there any longer. I don't know where any of them went because there are lots of other offices around here owned by the company(Healthsouth). I looked up all of their names under my insurance and they're still covered but the problem is that they list them as working at every facility on Long Island. Well that's not possible so they have to work at one office, I just don't know which one. And I have no idea where my favorite PTA works anymore because I can't look her up anywhere.

This is all causing me a huge amount of stress. These PT's were wonderful, they know my knee, they know my history and I just don't feel comfortable working with people who don't know my knee history because it's so darn complicated. And I also think alot of it has to do with the fact that after all of the time I spent with my PT's, especially my PTA, I developed kind of a friendship with them and I don't want to go through this surgery without them, or at least one of them. I hate to sound picky or even silly for being upset about something like this but it really is bothering me. The only thing I thought of is that my mom is going to go for PT at another one of the facilities and since they all know each other, she's going to ask the therapists there if they know where the people from my facility all went. There's a chance that one of the PT's ,Gretchen, went to the facility my mom is going to go to and that would make me feel a bit better. Pretty much, this surgery is going to be hard enough on me and I don't want to add to it by having to deal with all brand new PT's who have never worked with my knee before.

I'm sorry to go on about this but I just needed to share it with people who understand things like this. I'm hoping that maybe it's all a big mistake and they really didn't close but it's not looking good for that. Anyway, thanks for listening and for being here for me!! Hope you're all feeling okay and doing well!

(((Hugs)))
Sharon
Left knee:
LR-5/99 & 9/01
Distal realignment and LR 7/02
TTT revision 6/03
screw removal/MUA 10/03
d/x with severe patella baja
7/05 patellar tendon replacement w/piece of quad tendon
4/07 OATS

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Really stressed out!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2005, 09:27:13 AM »
Hey Sharon !!

When you have faith for persons helping you out in a tough situation you make bounds to them and then when you face it again for a new serie of pt you of course want the people you trusted back. Unfortunately this often appears that people move around and work in different areas to get more out of thier work. And this of course makes it tough for us who needs them. I felt like this when I had to switch from my wonderful pt to another one. It takes time to make these bounds again. But hang in there Sharon I know even if you have to have a new pt that you are going to take yourself through this again.
Hugs to you from me /Nettan  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline mel33

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2005, 10:21:05 PM »
Can you ask your OS if they have the person listed? 

Melissa

Offline casey2291

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2005, 01:03:30 AM »
Hey Sharon,

I am sorry to hear that you can't seem to hunt your PT's down.  I completely understand about wanting the same PT to work with you all the time, especially when you trust them and they know your history.  Is there any way you can call your insurance company and ask them to give you the name of the specific facility that your PT's are working at?  I hope you are able to locate them soon!

Casey  :)
LOA #2 and hardware removal 12/15/08-new cartilage from ACI looks "GOOD"
LOA on left knee 3/18/07
ACI and HTO on left knee 10/22/07
scope of right knee on 6/21/07
microfracture left knee 3/18/05

Offline Sharon

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2005, 04:38:46 AM »
Thanks everyone. Melissa, I can't really ask my OS because I live on Long Island and go to PT out here, however my OS is in NY City at the Hospital for Special Surgery. So they don't really know the PT's or facilities out here. Casey, the problem with my insurance is that they have my therapists listed however they list each therapist as working at every single Healthsouth facility on Long Island. So I don't think they can tell me exactly which facility each PT is working at. I might try to call and ask tomorrow but I don't think I'll get too far doing that. My mom is going to make an appt for her back at another one of the facilities closest to our house so when she calls she's going to ask if they know anything about what happened and where everyone went. Hopefully I can track at least one of them down. But thanks Nettan, Melissa and Casey for the support and for understanding. To people who haven't been through PT or had knee problems this is really silly so it's nice to be able to talk to people who realize that it's not.

:)
Sharon
Left knee:
LR-5/99 & 9/01
Distal realignment and LR 7/02
TTT revision 6/03
screw removal/MUA 10/03
d/x with severe patella baja
7/05 patellar tendon replacement w/piece of quad tendon
4/07 OATS

Offline mel33

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2005, 11:25:42 PM »
I hope you will find the right PT if not your "one" PT.  They are so important.  The encouragement and support they give helps my knee but also keeps me going.  So I know how you feel. 
melissa