Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: 2 knees- one useless and one worn-out life is wonderful ? NO !!  (Read 4140 times)

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: 2 knees- one useless and one worn-out life is wonderful ? NO !!
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2005, 06:55:05 AM »
Hey everyone !!

Feels a bite better today. Try to focus on evrything else then knees. Just have tons of questions beginning to come up. Like when it's really time to take care of a worn-out knee.And has anyone manage to get a new knee and only have that one to stand on ? I wonder that cause I can't stand on the other one, don't know if all of you know that. therefor I'm very hesitating in doing anything. Fear that I won't get up at all after a surgery of any kind. Now ok I have sharp pain when getting up on feet, but at least I can stand on it. If you have any clue at all please help me. I think I need help to take descisons this time from other people out here who might have knowledge of things I have no clue about. Maybe all this sounds weird I'm writing but i know you guys understand. Did get some more sleep tonight, at least a couple of hours.

Hugs to you all and once again thanks for beeing here for me.

Nettan  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline kath

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2005, 05:01:13 PM »
Nettan...so glad you got a little more sleep!  I hope someone who has had a TKR can give you some input on how to manage when not being able to use the other leg.  Did you try posting under the Arthritis section...Total Knee Replacements?

Cari...thanks for explaining...that makes total sense when the patella is involved.  I hope you can hold out as long as possible!  You will know when the time is right to do something about it...thankfully your pain is manageable right now.

Take care! ...Kath
Bi-lateral unicompartmental Nov 2004

Offline Cari

• Forum Faithful
  • User's Text
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2005, 01:08:46 AM »
Kath,

Thanks for the good wishes!! I hope when my time comes it will be as successfull as yours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take Care!

Cari
open lateral release 10/85, various scopes 1994-1998 for debridement, medial release 11/98,  TTT(Fulkerson)& lateral release 11/30/99, screw removal 6/27/00, tibial repair 2/13/01, dx RSD 6/25/01

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2005, 01:08:44 PM »
Hey !!

This afternoon yesterday and this morning has just been way too much for me.
A friend died 2 days ago in MS. My elevator broke yesterday and today my internetconnection which made me yesterday to go at my butt and today when I tried get the conncetion right I fell out fo chair an took all weight on my left knee which I can't use. And I had not the brace on yet because I had showered !!
No going out today as I really have to. Both elevator and connection is ok again, but me stupid me is a mess. I must learn to wait and be patient and ask for help, but you can't learn old dogs !!
I hate having dependency of others !!
Hope you all feel good !!

Hugs Nettan  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.

Offline rozzzie

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • smile:a little curve that strightens everythig out
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2005, 02:23:14 PM »
Nettan,

Sorry you are having problems again, and the fall that must have been bad.  You got help getting back to your chair?  I hope so.  I know it's hard to depend on someone all the time, but you give so much to others, let them help you.

I noticed you Birthday is on the 20th of June, same as mine.  Happy Birthday to us.

HAPPY   BIRTHDAY   TO   U S !  !       HAPPY   BIRTHDAY   TO   U S !  !         HAPPY   BIRTHDAY   TO   U S !  !        HAPPY   BIRTHDAY   TO   U S !  !

H U G s
Rozzzie
OA of knees since 85 
93 scrambled ankle - PE
98 PE
99 anlke fusion
04 hit by car broken leg, ribs AC joint seperation
RTKR  Dec 1 2005
LTKR. IM rod removal March 16, 2006

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2005, 02:46:40 PM »
Thanks !!

So you have also birthday that day ?! WOW !! Well, happy birthday too you back !!
Will celebrate it later though as we have a fulltime day on monday. We have Midsummer to celebrate friday 24th will eat cake and enjoy then. Maybe take a swing in my wheeler around the Midsummerpole. We decorate the flagstaff with flowers and leaves and 2 rings in the top with flowers and leaves. We dance to accordion and viola and sing hmm funny songs. Like "Little frogs" and do acting to it.
I know we swedes are a bite crazy !!
We also drink snaps or nubbe as we say and eat pickled hearring and fresh potatoes.You would really love it !!
Well I hang in as I always do.I'm a though girl !!

Hugs Nettan  8)

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2005, 04:28:21 PM »
An update to all. Well, I have thought and thought and decided to wait until swelling goes down on my left knee after the fall I had, to decide wether doing scope on right or not. It's though moving around now as its is and then try get to toilet and so on with both legs even worse I can't imagine that. I have a lot of pain in my right but can cope with it and as long as I'm able to at least get up on it to turn around I'm going to stay with that. Maybe a foolish descision, I don't know. Right now I elevate and elevate, me how have problems in beeing still LOL !!
It's good having you all here when tough days are here.

Hugs to you all. Nettan  8)

Offline rozzzie

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • smile:a little curve that strightens everythig out
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2005, 06:24:03 PM »
Glad you came to a decision.  I'm sure that makes you feel more centered.  Waiting is the right decision for you at this time.  I'm praying that your "good" knee will serve you for a long time without a scope.   Hang in there and have fun at Midsummer.

H U G s
Rozzzie

OA of knees since 85 
93 scrambled ankle - PE
98 PE
99 anlke fusion
04 hit by car broken leg, ribs AC joint seperation
RTKR  Dec 1 2005
LTKR. IM rod removal March 16, 2006

support