Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: i want it to STOP  (Read 1892 times)

Offline smiley196

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • *I love soccer...miss you girls*
i want it to STOP
« on: June 17, 2005, 10:44:20 PM »
well simply walking out of science class today my knee gave out...OH BOY did it hurt. I was heaped on the floor in massive pain...so i was wheeled downt ot he office and gave mom a call. Its REALLY swollen now..Ive had alot of ice on it but its Soooo painful. My science teacher has torn her acl and stuff before so she knows all about it and gave my mom the name of a GOOD OS from another hosiptal since noone else can see that I have a problem with my knee. Im so fed up and in so much pain. Now i haveto miss a bunch of acitivites i had planned for this weekend. arghhh!  i give myself a headache jusrt thinking about all of this. Im SO tired of it. Sorry i havetn posted recetly..ive been real busy studying for finals. they are over next week though so i should be back more then. thanks everyone
krista
*16 years old*
Left Knee:
Torn:PCL, ACL, MCL
SEVERAL dislocations
Grade 3 Chondromalacia
Medial & Lateral Meniscus tears
Plica Syndrome
Sept 14th 2005-(LK)ACL recon, TTT, menisectomy,plica removal

May 26th/06-Torn ACL(RK)

June 14th/06-(LK)ACL graft recon, screw removal, menisectomy

shadehawk

Re: i want it to STOP
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2005, 10:57:15 PM »
Krista,

Oh   you must be wondering what you have to do to get someone to listen to you.

Just do not let yourself get discouraged...Hang in there!!  Eventually, you will find an OS that will listen and understand how to treat your condition.

Know this does not help you much - just want you to know we all care!! and we all understand the frustration.....

Sending hugs,

Shade

Offline flipflop

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2005, 03:49:17 AM »
Best of luck with the new OS. 

I originally hurt my knee when I was 13.  I have found getting a good OS when your in your teens was quite a challenge.  My first was convinced that all my problems were puberty related.  He messed me up with what i was later told was the wrong operation for what was going on.  Saw several more who labeled it "growing pains" before finding a WONDERFUL OS.  Had a Fulkerson TTT with him and it was (in the bigger picture) very successful.  That OS moved cross country, so I had to start the find an OS game again.  Recommendations from others is a good way to find an OS.

Know that we care!

flipflop
91 LR, medial reefing, debridement; 93 Fulkerson osteotomy, debridement; 94 scar revision (suture allergy) hardware removal; 95 debridement; 3/05 LR, debridement led to staph infection & 2 irrigation & lavages;
arthrofibrosis; 7/06 LOA & AIR; 1/07 peroneal n. damage

doodlebugrr

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2005, 03:56:49 AM »
Hey Krista!

Gosh...that just stinx!  :-\

Hopefully you see an OS soon that will help you & know some info. for ya....hopefully that OS that your science teacher gave ya is good for you!! ;)  :) That seems to be the hardest thing to do! I still havent found that right OS....i thought I did....but yeah...not gonna go into that ::) :-X  :P That is so weird how our knees have so much of the same problems  ???  ::)  :P  ???
Good luck @ finals....they are def. very very boring! ;) ::)
I am alwayz here for ya if ya need me ;) :)

take care!
~bekah~

Offline mhsflute07

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2005, 04:14:07 AM »
Krista!

Gosh, that sucks!! Honestly, it sounds like when my knee dislocates....excruciating pain and crumpling to the ground....and then swelling, severepain, and inability or difficulty bearing weight. Ahh! I really hope you can go to this new OS.....that would be awesome!! You know the RICE drill...I hope your knee feels better soon and good luck on finals!!

~Erin~
June 2, 2005 TTT/LR  R.
July 26, 2005 TTT/LR  L.
June 6, 2006 Microfracture R.
June 5, 2007 Microfracture & Screw Removal R.
March 12, 2009 Scope and ACI Biopsy R.
May 12, 2009 TTT, Trochleoplasty R.
December 15, 2009 ACI (patella) & bilateral hardware removal
December 21, 2010 LOA and LR

Offline painisevil!

• Regular Poster
    • Knee Pics
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2005, 05:01:35 AM »
hey Krista!

i know how you feel when no one knows whats wrong >:(.  it took 3 yrs and i finally have my answer. hope you get some relief soon.  good luck with finals.

Sandy:)
~*15 yrs. old*~
~*PFS 3 yrs.*~
~*knee pain since May 02*~
~*osgood schlatter(spelling?) rt. knee*~
~*diagnosed severe misalignment- both knees*~
~*P.T. off and on for 3 yrs.(grrr)*~
~*trying to get a real diagnosis*~

Offline casey2291

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2005, 01:16:10 PM »
Hey Krista,

I'm sorry to hear that your weekend plans got cancelled and that you are in pain.  I understand how frustrating it is to have your knee dictating your life.  I had to cancel my plans to go to NYC this weekend b/c my knees are not cooperating.  It is a bummer to have to miss out on fun things b/c of your knee.  But, maybe you could have some of your friends come hang out at your house this weekend instead.  I really hope that you soon find an OS who can treat your problem.  Good luck with your finals.  Don't study too hard!!  Hang in there!!  I'm sending you a hug!

Casey    :)
LOA #2 and hardware removal 12/15/08-new cartilage from ACI looks "GOOD"
LOA on left knee 3/18/07
ACI and HTO on left knee 10/22/07
scope of right knee on 6/21/07
microfracture left knee 3/18/05

Offline smiley196

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2005, 01:38:45 PM »
thanks everyone, it really helps knowing that i have so mnay people to talk to and who understand on here. Thank you all for the replies. Im not in so mch pain today...i dont have alot of ROm cause of swelling and i still cant weight bear but that will probably come back tomorrow. Ice is my new best friend. anyways, thanks guys :D
*16 years old*
Left Knee:
SEVERAL dislocations
Grade 3 Chondromalacia
Plica Syndrome

May 26th/06-Torn ACL(RK)

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2005, 04:21:09 PM »
Krista !!

Sorry that you had to go through this awful thing again. i hope you feel a bite better today and that the ice will get the swelling down.
Thinking of you !!

Hugs Nettan  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

shadehawk

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2005, 01:00:59 PM »
Krista, 

I remember the three times when my knees gave out and I fell ungracefully to the floor/ground.  There is absolutely nothing that you can do to save yourself when this happens.  Maybe bracing would prevent it, but then you would be weakening your quads...It is really a CATCH 22...
My OS told me to wear a knee sleeve all the time - it will not protect me so much as it reminds me to watch out for my knee.  Think someone else said something like this also - probably OS are just trying to get the patient to not get carried away and try to protect your knee....
Think I am more aware of my knee since wearing the knee sleeves as I have not had another bad subluxation since, but maybe I have just slowed down my pace alot also.... :-\

Hopefully you'll get the needed answers soon....

Hugs,

Shade
« Last Edit: June 19, 2005, 03:41:32 PM by Shade »

Offline smiley196

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2005, 01:23:26 PM »
hey shade, yea i was wearing my brace whenit happened...just like all the other times. It was the one for my maltracking though..either way I would ahve thought it would help but I guess not. Im feeling alot better today I was a piece of crap yesteday and just had NO enegery..it was like it all got zapped outta me. Anyways, thanks alot!
krista
*16 years old*
Left Knee:
SEVERAL dislocations
Grade 3 Chondromalacia
Plica Syndrome

May 26th/06-Torn ACL(RK)

Offline casey2291

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2005, 01:46:06 PM »
Krista,

I'm glad to hear that you are feeling a little better.  Keep hanging in there girl!!!

Casey  :)
LOA #2 and hardware removal 12/15/08-new cartilage from ACI looks "GOOD"
LOA on left knee 3/18/07
ACI and HTO on left knee 10/22/07
scope of right knee on 6/21/07
microfracture left knee 3/18/05

support