Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: post op femoral osteotomy  (Read 10618 times)

Offline katmomx2

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • Labor and Delivery Surg Tech
Re: post op femoral osteotomy
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2007, 05:47:56 AM »
Hello All,

I have not been here at my post op in a while. I guess when life gets to some sort of normalness you do not think about being post-op. I am doing well. :D As with all knee things there are days, but it is so much better than before with the limb being straight. Stairs are still evil and I will not play with them. Their loss. I used to run the heck out of them when I was younger. Am I happy I did it. I would have to say for me "yes" I do not exercise as much as I should and need to loose some weight, but my focus is on finishing school. I applied for the surgical tech program on crutches 6 weeks after my surgery. The instructors thought I was crazy. I am the oldest student in the group with a great GPA. I just had a class that involved 4 hours of standing and no potty breaks :o I did great. I am also working at the school for the surgical tech program..

Life has had some troubles along the way but this femoral osteotomy victim is doing great. ;D

Kat
OA lateral compartment left knee
Scope, chrondroplasty,debride, Menisectomy Jan 03 ,Hyalgan series
Lateral offloader brace
Over 30 degree valgus
Distal femoral closing wedge osteotomy 6/05
Loose staple, staple removal and another scope 11/05
Surg tech graduation 2/08
Tech Labor and delivery

Offline katmomx2

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2007, 03:36:59 AM »
Hello all,

2 year celebration of the operation, Life almost seems normal ::) It is a different normal but as normal as can be. The operated leg is doing great. I am even going down stairs on a regular basis. I went to New Orlean and walked my bottom off ( so to say) and did great. I did feel some after effects, Bourbon street may have had something to do with that.

I went to the doctor today and got a clearance to start my clinical rotation in July. ;D I will graduate my Surgical Tech program in December.

I will still need work on the knees in the future, but I think the goal of buying me time was very successful

Thanks for all your support. This site has been a blessing to me

Kat from Texas
Lateral offloader brace
Over 30 degree valgus
Tech Labor and delivery

Offline katmomx2

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2009, 08:29:50 PM »
Hello all,

I have not been here in a while which is an indication of how well I am doing. I will be 4 years post op this summer. All in all things are good. Working in the OR delivering babies. Left knee speakes to me when I have worked to hard. Right knee in trying to be a twin. She is at 17 degrees of valgus. OS in Austin wants to replace lefty and I told him "no way not yet" Went to OS in San Antonio and he in on the same plane as me to buy more time. At least the lefty is straight. Am I glad I did the femoral osteotomy??? Yes  I am. We did not get as good of results as we hoped for, but all in all things are good. My OS in SA does not want to align the right one. We are gonna play wait and see. I look at things this way, I am not taking oxycontin,and work and run my life very well. Things are blessed in my world
Lateral offloader brace
Over 30 degree valgus
Tech Labor and delivery

support