Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Exercising!!  (Read 1425 times)

shadehawk

Exercising!!
« on: June 10, 2005, 02:27:59 PM »

Hi,

Think this is going to be my motto, I agree with him...Think that people that have knee problems need extra motivation to get through the exercise programs....That is how I feel anyway....And then you find out you'll be doing these type of exercises for the rest of your life!!!......Yikes!!!

I am now taking a brake from the PT exercises and just trying to go walking for exercise - it is working well so far - PT boredom set-in I guess after doing these exercises for such a long time.  PT has kept me mobile, but it hasn't corrected my knee problems unfortunately.

My PT told me that everyone should do a shake-up every once in awhile - just take a break and do something completely different - but never stop moving.....

What keeps everyone else going?? 

Know that some of you must have found things that work to keep you motivated!!

Shade

Offline casey2291

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Re: Exercising!!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2005, 02:43:15 PM »
My motivation is that I talk on the telephone while I am riding the bike.  That way I am accomplishing two things at once and riding the bike is not nearly so boring when I have someone to talk to. 

Casey  :)
LOA #2 and hardware removal 12/15/08-new cartilage from ACI looks "GOOD"
LOA on left knee 3/18/07
ACI and HTO on left knee 10/22/07
scope of right knee on 6/21/07
microfracture left knee 3/18/05

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2005, 03:14:42 PM »
My motivation is if I'm not doing it I won't be able do all funny stuff with my kids.
I found it more diffcult to elevate and take it easy.
Have anyone good suggestions for that also ?

Nice pic Shade, guess all heavy things should be done before we wake up too much like cleaning LOL !!

Nettan  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

shadehawk

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2005, 07:57:46 PM »
Hi again,

Well, I'll be honest!!  If I do not have my portable cd player playing good tunes then I really have a hard time getting through sessions on the recumbent bike.  Wow, boring, boring, boring!!! even though it is really good exercise.

I usually listen to LeAnn Rimes while biking - she has a really pure voice (I think) or those waterfall sounds - they are also cool....

Sometimes, I get real lucky and hubby will pick up his guitar and start strumming me through the exercises.

Shade

support