Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Benefits of knee problems!  (Read 63493 times)

Offline Clarkey

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 75
  • Neil TheElephant knee packed up carrying his trunk
Re: Benefits of knee problems!
« Reply #75 on: August 03, 2010, 05:54:27 PM »
The main benefit I have found since I had my knee problems is KG & the Bulletin Board. I can class myself as a KG veteran as I been a member since November 2003 and have only really been using the bulletin board on a regular basis since my fall back in October 2007.

I made so made so many online friends thanks to KG and Facebook that would not have happened if my knees were ok. It would be nice not to have had a problem with my knee in the 1st place but because I still have knee problems KG bullletin board have be a godsend, was really helpful when I had my scope, with many good luck messages.

I never wash my car since my knee injury and go every 6 weeks to some Polish workers who do a good job for 5. They polish and wax my car and for 10 would clean and polish the inside of the car as well as the outside. I could wash my car myself but could not clean the alloy wheels as you need to squat to clean the wheels properly.

Nick :) {2010} :)
RK: PFPS, Arthrofibrosis, Tendinopathy, Five cortisone injections
16/01/18 Anterior interval release, distal patella excision, lateral meniscal repair
18/07/14 Anterior interval release  
16/11/09 Medial plica excision, fat pad trimming

bean11

« Reply #76 on: December 30, 2010, 11:25:49 AM »
(1)TRUE friend yes GOODIE  SINCE 1978 still visits all the time helps me out heaps !!!!(2)1985 laid bike down my left knee helped me meet my wife Nadene ! (3)my 09ZX1400 is looking sweet ! (4) ZX1400 NINJA FORUM Helped me stay sane last 6 months (5) this place is keeping sane for next 12+ months (7) found new good understanding friends   ;D                                                 :D most of all !!! u guys no what its like !!!!

JuliaAnne

« Reply #77 on: August 24, 2011, 12:36:50 AM »
On days like today, when your doc says the problems in your knee are worse, but they don't think its fixable, its nice to find lots of other people dealing with similar pain and problems. I never realized that one fall could change so much, but three years later iv'e definitely learned how to accept new obstacles. Ive also learned a ton of patience and the daytime television lineup.

Offline kneedadvice

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2012, 02:41:07 AM »
absolutely none

Offline CariG

• Forum Faithful
  • Still smiling, and still standing!
« Reply #79 on: June 27, 2012, 03:40:52 AM »
 :) like many have mentioned, KG's for sure!!! Just over the past few days since I 'stumbled' onto the site, this has been an absolute godsend!!
My family....my partner has always been amazing and supportive, and there are days I could strangle him when he states the bleeding obvious, but I really do appreciate all the little things he does for me, and his support. My daughters, and the most precious is the time to sit up in bed with my granddaughter and watch movies that are either G or PG rated (reliving my own childhood) or just reading books together.
Spending more time with my friends....one has been on maternity leave, and it's been such a gift to share so much of this special time with her and her family...meeting some wonderful people who are so supportive, some are drill sargent, but the support, encouragement and positive energy is much appreciated.
Taxi subsidy and awesome car parking!!!
Better health....better fitness and arms that are starting to make Arnie's look weak!!  ;D
All is possible....
2004 ~ clicking/cracking original pain started R Knee
2007 ~ MPFL Reconstruction R Knee
2008 ~ Removal of cartilage (80%) R Knee
MPFL Reconstruction L Knee
12/7/2012 ~ Lateral Release & Scope R Knee

Offline marilynjoy

• Regular Poster
« Reply #80 on: July 01, 2012, 05:27:40 AM »
 :) HEHE, yes the car parks!
Overall, I have found strangers have been so kind and helpful now that I use crutches !!
Lindy.

Offline silver14

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #81 on: August 08, 2012, 01:02:10 PM »
I have always been very independent and strong headed, never taking help from others.  So I think the most wonderful thing I have learned is to be accepting and appreciative of all the help I do receive.  I can say you get a new  look on life, and there are many good people out there, friends, family and strangers! ;D

Here is a BIG THANK YOU, for everyone who stops and takes a minute to help someone else  :).

Offline ohsobright

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • I will not be defined by the things I cannot do.
« Reply #82 on: December 10, 2012, 10:27:07 PM »
Well, i think it's all been said......patience, slowing down to appreciate things, realising it's ok to ask and accept help. Yes i still have 2 knees! I have made some new friends and know exactly who i can count on.
I may not be able to run around with my daughter but i appreciate she has a beautiful heart, waiting for me to catch up and letting me win the race. It may have taken me longer to realise how lucky i am.
14/12/09 slipped, Lt TPF, spiral # tibia, # fibula,# disloc patella,lig ruptures.
17/12/09 ORIF, bone graft.
21/12/09 discharged full leg backslab NWB
30/12/09 staples out full cast NWB.
20/1/10 cast brace NWB
22/2/10 PT
3/3/10 Cast off, PWB
31/3/10 WB with cane
23/6/10 FWB

Offline Jasey122

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 3