Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: need advice on knee injury  (Read 598 times)

Offline beck

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
need advice on knee injury
« on: June 06, 2005, 06:58:06 PM »
Hi,
I fell very hard directly on my knee cap on Saturday night while I was rollerskating for my friends birthday.  I have not been to the doctor due to lack of health insurance, but I think that the injury is not too bad anyway.
Maybe someone can help me and let me know if I should get it x-rayed or not.
When it first happened it hurt very bad and swelled up  immediately.  I could walk with a straight leg but not bend my knee up at all.   Yesterday I rested and iced it all day and the swelling was huge. 
Today I have a little more movement but I still can't lift my leg up with a bent knee.  It is still swollen but not as huge as yesterday.  I can bend it more than yesterday but not all the way.   
Again, I can put weight on my leg but not with a bent leg, like walking up stairs on it is out of the question. My leg feels unstable and wobbly when I walk around.
Any feedback would be excellent. Thanks

Offline lb573

• SuperKNEEgeek
Re: need advice on knee injury
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 11:35:41 PM »
Beck, you need to see a doctor!! Because you fell right on the kneecap and it swelled so rapidly, you could have fractured the kneecap, or damaged any number of structures in the knee. The swelling, instability of lack of movement worries me, and all can signify big problems. I think that you need to get the knee seen by a dr. ASAP, and figure out what happened. It may be nothing, but it is better to be safe in getting it checked out!!
Leah
27 yo RN
L Knee:
07/'01 - scope
01/'02 - scope
12/'03 - LR
07/28/2006 - TTT/LR/Patellar Debridement
07/11/2007 - Screw Removal
R Knee:
07/06/2007 - Patellar dislocation
04/10/2008 - TTT/LR
06/11/2008 - MCL tear, Bone Bruise
09/29/2009 - Medial plication/reconstruction/debridement

Offline knee expert

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Aussi Boy
Re: need advice on knee injury
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2005, 11:22:13 AM »
hey beck how ya doing..see a dock im pretty sure you broke your knee cap..dont stress though bones do heal!  im a pro surfer , ive broken my knee cap twice now ....just hang in there ok..if you would like to chat more email me at [email protected]
brettman