Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Any Steadman-Hawkins Clinics in California?  (Read 787 times)

Offline tpontis

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • Please...spay or neuter your pets!
Any Steadman-Hawkins Clinics in California?
« on: June 06, 2005, 01:04:04 AM »
Hi guys! I have read alot of the posts about the expertise of the Steadman-Hawkins doctors. My little county has many (proabably around 12) OS that take my insurance, but I am sick and tired of them all. i would like to get to a doc that has access to the latest technology and teachings. Does anyone out there know if there is a Steadman-Hawkins clinic in California?
medial meniscus repair x1, medial & lateral meniscectomies x4, lateral release, grade IV osteochondral defect with microfracture x2 so far, partial synovectomy, patellar synovitis, trochlear blisters, OA, synvisc, prolotherapy, cortisone, told to wait 20+ years for TKR

shadehawk

Re: Any Steadman-Hawkins Clinics in California?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 01:56:53 AM »
Hi,

If you look at the Steadman-Hawkins site you'll find these locations for clinics:

http://www.steadman-hawkins.com/clinicInfo.asp

Shade

Offline Heather M.

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 10
    • Check out my photography!
Re: Any Steadman-Hawkins Clinics in California?
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2005, 07:00:46 PM »
You may want to call the main clinic number and see if there is a former fellow from the SH Clinic near you.  I know Dr. Hacker is in San Diego, and he was the one who did my first procedure in Vail during his fellowship--he's very nice and very competent, as are all of the doctors who come out of that place.

Otherwise, you might consider traveling to Vail for a consult.  It's what I've had to do.

Heather
Scope #1: LR, part. menisectomy w/cyst, chondroplasty
#2-#5: Lysis of adhesions/scar tissue, AIR, patellar tendon debridement, infections, MUA, insufflation
#6: IT band release / Z-Plasty, synovectomy, LOA/AIR, chondroplasty
2006 Arthrofibrosis, patella baja
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hmaxwell