Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: I need advice Badly!  (Read 535 times)

Offline hollyn

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
I need advice Badly!
« on: June 05, 2005, 09:48:40 PM »
Hey guys,
My name is Holly.  I am 20 years old. I have been suffering from Chrondomalacia for two years now.  It started with my left knee for a year and eventually led to both knees.  I was referred to PT, but I feel 100 times worse now.  Everytime she tried something on me, I would inflame so bad.  For example, she put arch supprts in my shoes (Dr Sholls) and my arch burned.  I hurt all over now, my hips, ankles, and knees burn.  Is this normal?  Does anyone have similar stories?  The PT eventually reffered me to a orthopedic surgoen b/c I kept complainin about the pain, and after an MRI, he told me to take Advil and learn to live with the pain.  My general physician is ordering blood tests though and sending me to a rheumtologost since I have had to much inflammation problems.  Any advice because I really need it? I feel like I am going to be in a wheelchair one day if I don't get better.  Do any sports medicine doc spend more than 5 minutes on you b/c I def can't learn to live with this pain. Thank you so much all! LOVE for you all!
Holly

shadehawk

Re: I need advice Badly!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2005, 10:19:29 PM »
Holly,

Wow, only spending 5 minutes with you, that is a rip off.  Hey, there are good OS out there, but you have to find out about them by word of mouth - like from talking to other people you might know, asking your PT for recommendations etc.  Looking on the first page of this site on the left-hand column of the page look for knee surgeons and when you click on there another screen will come up - find your location and maybe a doctor might live near your location.  Definately get another assessment - and continue until you find an OS that you are comfortable with....

There is no way that a doctor should tell you after only 5 minutes that you have to live with this.  In 5 minutes he wouldn't even have been able to get your knee history let alone do a proper hands-on assessment of your knees.  There are also many tests that can be done like mri, 3D CT scan, bone scans, x-rays and diagnostic scopes.......

Don't give up, there are many things that can be done.  I had 3 bad assessments ((which took approx one year - due to the long waiting lists here)) before I finally found a good OS that understood my knee condition (((or))) was willing to treat me.  I had to travel a long distance to get properly assessed and it was definately worth it in my case....

Do as much research on your condition as you can because the more you learn the better off you are, type up a little history regarding your knees (to take to next OS), get your PT to do a knee assessment & write it down also. 

Good luck & let us know how you do.

Shade

support