Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Questions about a knee injury...Can anyone help!??!?!?!?!!?!  (Read 632 times)

Offline scholls22

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
I am a police officer and a little over two weeks ago I was chasing a guy who had just broken into a business. As I was closing in on him, he changed directions and I had to "hit the brakes" and as i did so, i felt a pop in my knee and immediately fell to the ground. I later went to the emergency room and the doctor said that the knee was too swollen to be just a sprain. the x rays were normal. I went to an orthopedic two days ago and they drained my knee and took out a lot of blood. he did say however that my knee had good stability and that he did not believe that my acl was completely torn. since then, walking is almost normal, i have a slight limp, but it is almost like nothing happened. It does hurt when i twist in certain motions, when i jump, and when i try to run short distances. can anyone identify with this type of injury? Does anyone know what could have possibly happened to my knee? I am still waiting for an MRI, but I want to know what is going on....Thanks for anyone's help!!!!!!!

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Questions about a knee injury...Can anyone help!??!?!?!?!!?!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2005, 07:29:08 PM »
Hey !!

I don't think you have done any serious damage to your knee. But be sure though to check it out carefull with Mri and OS so you don't get problems later on with it.
A knee can be pretty bruised inside if you twist it and that can cause discomfort for a while after and it's only 2 weeks since your accident were. Hope everything shows no damages.

Hugs Nettan  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline PattiAnn237

• Forum Faithful
  • User's Text
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2005, 08:04:50 PM »
its possible that you just bruised it really badly.  When you stop hard on your knee the bones can kind of mash together bruising all the soft cartlidge causing it to inflame and swell.  It can take awhile for things to go back to normal, but they usually do.  Good luck, hope everything turns out well!  ~Patti 
25 y/o
Left knee- lateral tilt, lateral tracking, arthritis
LR 8/5/04 (failed)
Diagnostic Scope- 5/2/05 (scar tissue removed)
Holding off on TTT till I can get through school!

Offline scholls22

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2005, 10:32:25 PM »
what about the blood that they drained out of my knee.....it was two and a half large syringes that they used....is that normal?

Offline smiley196

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • *I love soccer...miss you girls*
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2005, 11:38:09 PM »
I had that done too at the hospital, and the OS there said usually when there is blood, it is an indication of a torn ACL but not always.
*16 years old*
Left Knee:
Torn:PCL, ACL, MCL
SEVERAL dislocations
Grade 3 Chondromalacia
Medial & Lateral Meniscus tears
Plica Syndrome
Sept 14th 2005-(LK)ACL recon, TTT, menisectomy,plica removal

May 26th/06-Torn ACL(RK)

June 14th/06-(LK)ACL graft recon, screw removal, menisectomy

support