Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Mysterious Knee Pain  (Read 771 times)

Offline Demorgora

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Mysterious Knee Pain
« on: June 04, 2005, 10:56:21 PM »
Good day,

A few days ago, I was doing my leg work-out and practicing my form. Well, I began with trying to find the proper form for full squats(below 90 degrees) and when I assumed a wide stance and tried to squat, I felt a strange sensation around my knee. I then went with a narrower stance and squated below 90 degrees for three sets and didn't have any problems. As a matter of fact, it felt great on my legs, especially when I got to the bottom portion of the lift. After that, I did calves with a rather high weight and then I did stiff-legged deadlifts. When I did the SLDLs, I felt a little strain on the back of my thigh, above my knee kneecap. On my last rep, I felt some pain in one particular muscle.

Well, fast forward to a few hours later, I begin to experience dull pains around my knee, sometimes below the patella, sometimes near the quadriceps, and sometimes on the sides, but they only occured when I was sitting down. I could walk, run, and lay down and experience no pain at all. I also didn't experience any instability problems (hell, I can stand on that leg alone without any problems), no abnormal popping (heh, everything in my body pops a lot), and no abnormal clicking in the knee itself, but I do feel a clicking sensation coming from the spot that I hurt during the SLDLs.

I've been feeling pretty good today with very little pain, even when I'm sitting. Could what happened during the SLDLs cause all of this?

Offline smiley196

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • *I love soccer...miss you girls*
Re: Mysterious Knee Pain
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2005, 12:02:08 AM »
You may have strained it a bit, but since you dont seem to have too much pain doing physical activities, I dont think its anything too bad. For now, just follow the steps of RICE and take it easy or maybe lighten up on the weights next tiem you do that excercise. Hope your feeling good!
krista
*16 years old*
Left Knee:
Torn:PCL, ACL, MCL
SEVERAL dislocations
Grade 3 Chondromalacia
Medial & Lateral Meniscus tears
Plica Syndrome
Sept 14th 2005-(LK)ACL recon, TTT, menisectomy,plica removal

May 26th/06-Torn ACL(RK)

June 14th/06-(LK)ACL graft recon, screw removal, menisectomy

Offline Demorgora

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2005, 12:04:26 AM »
Thank you for the reply.

Yeah, I'm really hoping that is the case because I just got back into weightlifting and I would truly hate having something like an ACL tear. I also don't want for it interfere with my training schedule because I'm going to Thailand to train in Muay Thai for six months to a year.

Offline smiley196

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2005, 12:05:53 AM »
Yea, I really dont think you torn your ACL..fause if you did you'd know it. Youd have ALOT of swelling and you would have felt a pop. Just make sure that you take it easy for the next few weeks so you dont put too much stress on it again.
krista

*16 years old*
Left Knee:
SEVERAL dislocations
Grade 3 Chondromalacia
Plica Syndrome

May 26th/06-Torn ACL(RK)

Offline Demorgora

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2005, 12:35:03 AM »
Anyone else have comments on this?

Offline Demorgora

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2005, 12:49:33 AM »
By the way, hypothetical scenarion;

Say I had a very minor tear in my ACL, would I be able squat with 200+ lbs on my back whilst going all the way down past 90 degrees without any problems at all or would I notice it?

Offline smiley196

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2005, 12:53:10 AM »
Im not sure, ACL usually makes your knee give-way or makes it feel loose, but there are other things that can make your knee give out too so, its hard to tell
*16 years old*
Left Knee:
SEVERAL dislocations
Grade 3 Chondromalacia
Plica Syndrome

May 26th/06-Torn ACL(RK)

Offline Demorgora

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)