Author Topic: *sigh*  (Read 1728 times)

Offline jennwren

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • :o)
    • Captivate Me
*sigh*
« on: May 30, 2005, 05:35:52 AM »
So my "good" knee decided that it's time to give me hell. It's tracking wrong. I don't need this. I don't want it. I'm angry. I have so much going on with me physically and honestly I can't handle any more. Everyone in my life seems to know what's good for me and what I should do but if I need help I may as well be talking to a brick wall. My roommate has yelled at me 4 times today for being up and walking. What am I supposed to do? Not use the restroom? Not eat? Good Lord!

I'm looking at 2 surgeries on the near future (thankfully not on either of my knee's) and now my knee has decided to go wonky. I'm about to scream and it looks like I may have to move back home just to get the help I need to get through the other two surgeries. I honestly feel like screaming. Too much stress.

Sorry all I needed to whine for a moment. I'm over it now.
I hope you all are having a good memorial weekend.

Jenn
Jenn
1985 - patella fracture R Knee
1996- chipped bone from patella R Knee
1992 - 3 dislocations R Knee
1993- Arthoscopy R Knee
2001- Cartledge tear, Arthoscopy R Knee
2004- Lateral Release

Offline Ron22

• SuperKNEEgeek
Re: *sigh*
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2005, 05:58:24 AM »
do what u think is right and sod the rest..i learned the hard way....that it is your body and your life..it's ok for peeps to offer advice..but no one has the right to yell at anyone especially in this regard...non knee idiots have this fantasy concept that it's all so esy...my take?....hit your (theirs) knee with a sledgehammer ...let me cut it open ...make u (them) do pt...throw in some weather and have it affect the rest of their life...then they can render an opinon..went thru this for yrs with famlily and friends....and after yrs of heartache ...guilt..and frustration...learned that they know no better..sometimes they mean well..but till they have tried on a bad knee and gone thru this ..their opinions are as relevant as paula abdul's....

cut your self some slack ..ignore the clowns and keep your own counsel.....it's hard but it's the best way...

hang in there

hugs

ronnie
Surgery #1 ACL/LR/Mdl Mesniscus
Surgery #2 Vascular Repair
Surgery#3 ACL/Ltl Mesniscus/MCL
Surgery#4 Vascular Repair
Surgery#5 Maquet/Bone Graft/Screw/LR/ACL
Arthritis/Knee/Hip
Necrosis/Hip
PFS/Chronomalacia
RSD
Vascular Issues
All on Right Leg

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2005, 06:03:08 AM »
Hey Jenn !!

Listen to yourself !! I have been having severe kneeproblems for 8 years and everywhere people keep telling me what's best and ask what have you done and tell me what they have gone through to get better.So try slow down and do what's best for the moment for you. I hope your surgeries will go great and that your knee starts to behave or that you find your own solution for it. Sending hugs and a hope of that you feel better soon.

Sunny hugs nettan  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline jennwren

• Regular Poster
  • :o)
    • Captivate Me
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2005, 04:19:40 PM »
Thanks Ronnie and Nettan...

Honestly these knee issues have been going on since I was a 5th grader and I'm 31 years old now. That's 20 years of knee issues. It's just too darn much with everything else going on in my life. I'm going to buck it up and do what I have to do to get through.. but if one more person jumps on my case and tells me what I should be doing I'm going to scream. It's *my" knee. It's my life. I'm trying to get through this without pain meds and stuff because I'm at that point that percocet doesn't work for me anymore and my doctors all think I'm drug seeking. I'm NOT! I am dealing with both knee's hurting, back pain and abdominal pain. Good lord.. how much do these people expect me to take? I know I'm whining and others have it worse off than me but I'm really at the end of my rope emotionally.

Anywho I hope you all have a great memorial day.

Jenn
Jenn
1985 - patella fracture R Knee
1996- chipped bone from patella R Knee
1992 - 3 dislocations R Knee
1993- Arthoscopy R Knee
2001- Cartledge tear, Arthoscopy R Knee
2004- Lateral Release

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2005, 06:00:30 PM »
Hey !!

Due to pain no doc can tell you that you wants meds just because you want them. If you are in pain and the meds don't help and you haven't been offered something better try get a referal to a pain management doc or even ebtter a pain management clinic so they really can see your pain. I get so mad hearing this because I have been there myself. They told me I couldn't have this severe pain due to pathologhy in my knee. I was just laying screaming. Afterwards I knew myself after the kneeinjury I had 8 years ago that this was a new pain not the one I had after the other injuries in this knee. And after several years, 3 surgeries,endless month at hospital, several tests and tons of meds and injections I had it on paper I bot have RSDS and a nervedamage.
So don't give in you just need someone to listen to you, the right doc. Scream, make scenes do whatever you need. If you feel pain then you have pain no matter what others say.
Hugs Nettan  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline kath

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2005, 12:39:31 AM »
Hi Jenn...sorry things are so bad for you right now.  It's hard to deal with so many things piled one on top of the other.  All of us at one time or another have felt totally overwhelmed with our pain, our knees, the unsolicted advice etc etc. You are probably stronger than you think you are, and you will come out of this.  At some point in time there will be light at the end of the tunnel!

I agree with Nettan...if you aren't getting the proper medication to help your pain, then keep trying until you do...whether it be a different medication or a pain management clinic.  It is your life and your pain, and you are the only one who can take the steps to ensure you can live your day to day life as pain-free as possible. Don't give up!  (did I just give you unsolicited advice??  ;D )

Kath
Bi-lateral unicompartmental Nov 2004

support