Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: sick of everything  (Read 2102 times)

Offline yippy

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
sick of everything
« on: May 18, 2005, 08:48:34 AM »
Hi everybody, I just need to get this off my chest. I am so sick of everything today!!!!I am sick of always being in pain,this is the biggest problem. I am sick of working so hard on my rehab but still being unable to do so much.I am sick of not being able to do lots of things that should be easy at work.I am sick of having to always think of how to do something or how I am going to keep up without hurting my knee or putting myself in a tricky situations that could hurt my knee.
This sounds so self indulgent but I really have had it today. I am so tired end sore and just want to wake up and find things better.
Don't get me wrong it hasn't all been bad. I have improved heaps since my accident but today it all seems too hard.
I sometimes think the effort I am putting into my rehab is all too much and maybe it would be better to give it up....but then my knee gets so stiff. You can't win!!!!
I read how long some of you guys have had to put up with your knee problems and I really don't know if I will be able keep feeling positive if I can't reduce the pain some way...and yes I am taking regular pain relief.
Anyway thanks for letting me get this off my chest.
Marianne

shattered tibeal plateau,Blocked artery
3 months in external fixation.
Rehab hicups
Nerve pain from artery repair
16/1/07 Osteotomy to repair plateau angle

shadehawk

Re: sick of everything
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2005, 10:49:59 AM »
Marianne,

Well, we all have these kind of days.  Mine usually happen when it rains and we have had three days of it now and another one brewing.  When it rains my legs and knees just ache, augh!!

Anyway vent away, that is how you get over these humps, we all try and understand what everyone else is going through.  Rehab is frustrating and sometimes feel unrewarding, but you know it is for the best.  Hang in there, tomorrow will be better than today.

Sending hugs,  ;)

Shade

Offline stgiles16

• SuperKNEEgeek
    • My photo album
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2005, 01:14:46 PM »
Marianne, sometimes it makes you feel better just to get it off of your chest. Somedays , it does feel overwhelming. WE understand. It will get better. I wish you lots of luck and better knee days. Dont give up and feel free to vent here anytime.

missy
2 ligament recons right ankle
2 arthroscopic,
5 open knee procedures
2 Plica removals
bone spur removal
2 microfractures
4 debridements
2 open LOAs all on left knee
Arthritis,both knees, ankles, shoulders, elbows, hands,spine
Fibromyalgia
Arthrofibrosis
LOA & PKR 2/15/06
RA
in pain mgmt
TKR JAN 2012

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2005, 01:42:44 PM »
Marianne, good of you coming here. I recognize this with having awful days, it comes and goes. For me music or doing something I know I can together with some good friends cheers me up.Maybe you just need a break and do something else for a couple of days then rehab and rehab. I know on your words that you have struggled hard, but taking one or 2 days off rehab sometimes can be good to not feel this up on you every day like you do right now.Think of that. Hope you feel better soon.
Here you have a huge hug from me /Nettan  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline rozzzie

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • smile:a little curve that strightens everythig out
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2005, 02:07:53 PM »
Marianne, unfortunatly you're not allone so this is the BEST place to get things off your chest.  We have all been there.  Without the KNEEgeeks there are days I don't know if I could cope.

Do something relaxing and pampering, a long hot bubble bath, reading a book in the sunshine, something you really love that could help you relax.  I find that I hurt more when I'm all tense.

Sending  H U G s !  !  !

Rozzzie
« Last Edit: May 20, 2005, 02:45:48 PM by rozzzie »
OA of knees since 85 
93 scrambled ankle - PE
98 PE
99 anlke fusion
04 hit by car broken leg, ribs AC joint seperation
RTKR  Dec 1 2005
LTKR. IM rod removal March 16, 2006

Offline yippy

• Regular Poster
  • User's Text
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2005, 07:20:41 AM »
Hi All, thanks to those who have replyed to my post.
all the words of support were great thanks. I went to physio again today and found myself in tears not because of the pain too much but because I was so sick of the effort of doing my exercises.Nettan I think you are right and I need a couple of days off rehab and to do something completely different. I think I am so obsessed with my rehab I have forgotten to have some fun. Unfortunately I have a wonderful husband who thinks the way to get better is to do more exercis not less and also a couple of close friends who are exercise fanatics who also say "you just have to work through the pain" AHHHHHH
Anyway thanks again for the support. I will try to do what has been suggested and hopefully I will get my head above water again.
Marianne
Rehab hicups

Offline emma

• Forum Faithful
  • My dogs got better knees than me!!!!
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2005, 12:21:55 AM »
Hi Marianne

sorry to hear that you sick of everything! Please don't worry about letting off steam here!!! Its good for you to do this and I know I always feel better for doing this!

I completely understand how you are feeling, with pain is not fun at all, it drains every part of you.
I agree with Nettan take a few das off from all the excerises, you will feel better from taking a break! I'm taking a long break over the summer as in Sept I'm having my op and need to be strong and prepare for all the work that comes after.

Everyone here understands Marianne and use this site to rant and rave, I have been tearful  :'(    all week as my pain has hit me HARD  :'( and my pain killers did not touch it last night and I was up till about 2.30am not knowing what to do with myself... I wanted to cut the leg off!  ;)

Take care keep excerising but don't over kill it!

Remember we are all here for you and each other and keep your chin up!

Emma  x x x x :)
Spontaneous dislocations to both kneecaps for 20 years!
Bilateral Arthroscopies - Awaiting Op's Right knee on 23/9/05
Left knee in Jan 06

Offline donnilip

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2005, 12:55:55 AM »
please know you are not alone, i am in the same state right now, some days i just want to give up and crawl into a hole, everything seems to just get worse, i know i have to hang in there, i look at my kids and know i have to, i sit and watch everyone doing the things i want to do, and have done my whole life and know i will never do them again.  and i know there are worse things in the world than my knees, i do, but sometimes i have to sit and have that well deserved cry. because sometimes our families and friends may get tired of hearing us, or just dont understand at all but we all get tired of it ,and noone knows better of how we feel than the people here, so you go ahead and vent,, its good for you,, and its good for us also to know we are not alone                                         peace to you              donna

Offline Quill

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • not the bee's knees
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2005, 08:21:39 PM »
My PT advises that there are times when you need to back off a bit, let some plain old healing go on, let the joint settle down a bit. Not for weeks of course, but a few days off when the pain is bad is in order, according to my Physio.  Or just some light exercises on those days. My PT says it's important not to precipitate a flare-up. Your situation is of course different from mine but that approach is working for me. I come back with new enthusiasm.  Maybe if your physio advises a little break, your hub would accept that. Good luck!!!!

Nancy
OA both knees, confined to patella. Arthroscopy 1998, cortisone both knees,  Halygan shots both knees. Had PFR 3/28/05. Recovery on schedule according to OS but lots of pain radiating up thigh and to lower back.

shadehawk

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2005, 08:56:42 PM »
Marianne,

Hi again, I agree that sometimes you have to back off and have a break from everything.

Having hubbies and friends who are fitness nuts can be a problem for a person with bad knees.  You can not put pressure on your knees like other people do - they just have to learn to back off - friends or not......

Hope that you do get your head above water again.  You just have to learn to do what is right for you and your knees.  Sounds so easy, but it is not.......

Good luck,

Shade

Offline yippy

• Regular Poster
  • User's Text
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2005, 10:32:56 PM »
Hi Guys,
Thanks again for the support. I am feeling a bit better as I have had some good nights sleep!!!(It amazes me how sleep can put things into a better light)
My knee is misbehaving quite a bit at the moment and has forced me to back off the rehab so I am hoping it will settle again quickly. I am seeing the Dr on Friday to sort out a few issues esp the pain and how much is too much.
Even though I am a nurse I haven't experienced bone injuries in the past and it is very different working out for myself the right amount of exercise/pain ratio.
Thanks again. I really appreciate having the site to read and post as sometimes you think you are the only person not coping esp when you live in a small country like New Zealand.
Marianne
Rehab hicups

Offline Quill

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • not the bee's knees
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2005, 01:19:08 AM »
Marianne,

Glad you are feeling rested and more optimistic. Sleep really does that. We take it for granted until.....well, we've been there. Hope your OS has some answers for you! I suspect he will tell you not to go so overboard on your PT as to risk reinjuring yourself or compromising the work he did. He has a lot invested in your surgery ending up with the best result.

I've always wanted to visit New Zealand. Years ago, my hub went there on business and loved it. Maybe some day.

Hugs and hopes for much improvement for you!

Nancy

OA both knees, confined to patella. Arthroscopy 1998, cortisone both knees,  Halygan shots both knees. Had PFR 3/28/05. Recovery on schedule according to OS but lots of pain radiating up thigh and to lower back.

Offline Teresa_S

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2005, 05:52:45 PM »
The title of this post pretty much says it all for ALL of us who post here. WE do all say that, and I am glad you are back to a better place for the moment anyway. Usually, I am thankful that my life is just too busy to have time to worry about myself and how things are coming along. In fact, IF I do blow off and tell my family that they just don't realize, I immediately regret it, as that is mostly MY fault, as I try to keep my complaints, pain, etc to my self and keep up with a normal(fairly anyway) life of a Mom with 5 kids, an invalid mother, and one grand son.  THESE are my focuses except for days of overcoming pain or giving up. KEEP YOUR SPIRITS UP, but don't be afraid of being honest on those days it really gets to you. Teresa That didn't make much sense , I know, except to those of us who know what it is like to be SICK OF EVERYTHING
On going instrumentation failure, chronic infection,
Arthroscopes Left 11 Right 2, MRSA, L TKR  ,  Revision, LR x5, Medial and lateral meniscus repair, Broken prosthesis
Osteochondral Fracture,untreated 6 mths. Revision new tkr 01-07 awaiting new hip and right knee
R TKR pending

Offline Quill

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • not the bee's knees
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2005, 09:41:06 PM »
Teresa.

Yes, we all have those days, some more than others and while we do need to keep our spirits up as much as possible, we can't blame ourselves when things get really bad. I admire you for your great attitude!

You are lucky to have such a nice family. It looks like I'm not going to have any grandkids. The kids are too career oriented and not interested in getting married.

All the best,

Nancy

support