Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Hi everyone...I feel so sad  (Read 1971 times)

Offline emma

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
  • My dogs got better knees than me!!!!
Hi everyone...I feel so sad
« on: May 29, 2005, 11:13:32 PM »
Hi  :(
Im not coping to well at the mo and the pain now not just in my knee but in the whole of my leg is there all the time and I'm just sometimes not sure where on earth to go for help..

I feel very alone in all this I have some freinds and family that i do speak with but I feel so much that I'm telling the same old same old stories..

I just feel very low and lonely.

I know I have alot to look forward to now, my ops in sept this year, but I've still got to get through the next 4 months...

I try so hard not to let this situation get me depressed but right now I just wanna cry at my lack of life.... my knees have effected every part of my life from just wanting to have a little dance to my happiness in my relationships, day to day seeing family members and close friends I try so hard not to show them my saddness, but right now I need a hug, and there is no one here to do that..

Sorry for moaning....

Emma x x
Spontaneous dislocations to both kneecaps for 20 years!
Bilateral Arthroscopies - Awaiting Op's Right knee on 23/9/05
Left knee in Jan 06

Offline smiley196

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • *I love soccer...miss you girls*
Re: Hi everyone...I feel so sad
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2005, 11:42:50 PM »
aww emma! Sorry to hear your feeling so down. I definetly know exactly how you feel. I always feel as if Im telling my freinds/family the same thing over and over, and ive actually been having a rough time the past week or so too.

I'm so sorry hun, i know that its tough and your knees really do effect your life. Its the same story ehre for most people. The other day, I had to say no to a girls night out because they were gonna walk home from school then to the movies which is about a 45 minute walk and I just cant do that.

You just have to remember that your Op. is coming soon, and it'll hopefully get alot better then.  Theres always a light at the end of the tunnel, and actually i just heard this quote on the radio today " god will NEVER put anything infront of you that you cant handel"..never forget that.

We are always here wherever you need a hug or to talk!
((((((HUGS!)))))))
Krista
*16 years old*
Left Knee:
Torn:PCL, ACL, MCL
SEVERAL dislocations
Grade 3 Chondromalacia
Medial & Lateral Meniscus tears
Plica Syndrome
Sept 14th 2005-(LK)ACL recon, TTT, menisectomy,plica removal

May 26th/06-Torn ACL(RK)

June 14th/06-(LK)ACL graft recon, screw removal, menisectomy

Offline lb573

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2005, 11:47:30 PM »
Hi Emma! First off, never apologize for "moaning" as you put it. It is not moaning, you are sharing how you are feeling, and there is nothing wrong with that!!  :D  I completely understand how you are feeling when you say that you are so alone in your knee problems. These darn knees affect us in more ways than can be counted, and it is hard to cope with such an abrupt change in habits and ways of getting around. It seems as though individuals who have never sustained a knee injury are not able to grasp how devastating knee injuries can be, and as such they are not sure how to react when faced with a friend who has a bad knee. One of my friends has knee problems, and she doesn't even fully understand how much it affects all aspects of daily living, and she figures that because i have had surgery already that i should be better, and running with her everyday, despite that i am waiting for a TTT. While i am ok with the fact that she just doesn't understand, it still hurts to know that i am not able to go out and do everything i could i the past. So, i can completely understand where you are coming from. I wish i could offer more advice or something, but i am sort of in the same boat as you, so i think at times like these all of us kneegeeks just need to lean on one another and fight through things the best we can. Regardless of how those around you are, remember that you always have the kneegeeks behind you 100%!! I am sending lots and lots of hugs and wishes that things start to improve for you!!  ;D 
Leah
27 yo RN
L Knee:
07/'01 - scope
01/'02 - scope
12/'03 - LR
07/28/2006 - TTT/LR/Patellar Debridement
07/11/2007 - Screw Removal
R Knee:
07/06/2007 - Patellar dislocation
04/10/2008 - TTT/LR
06/11/2008 - MCL tear, Bone Bruise
09/29/2009 - Medial plication/reconstruction/debridement

shadehawk

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2005, 12:01:31 AM »
Emma,

You know we all have these ups and downs.  Kind of goes with the knee thing, I think.  I have personally been on a real high - I got a date for my knee surgery  - how weird is that?? 

You know when you hurt there is no reason hiding it - people understand or they should.  I do not appologize anymore for my pain - it is just the way it is. 

You will make it through the next four months - you made it this far. - Do you have your name on the cancellation list for surgeries??  Maybe you could get your surgery sooner.   Most OS have these lists.

((Remember someone is always around here for you to talk to.))

Take care,

Shade

Offline emma

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2005, 12:14:49 AM »
Leah and Krista

Thankyou for the reply, and I can't tell you enough that I'm so please that you guys the knee geeks are here for me and i to you, even though I wish non of these knee problems on any of you.

its good to know that there are people going through the very same thing as yourself, what do you do to try and pick your self up??

I just walked (limped) my dogs very slowly around the block and it was raining and I was crying and that kinda helped a little...

Just thought that there might be some different ways of making yourself feel better than the obvious, eating lots of CHOCOLATE!!  

I've had dislocations for 21 years and there is a huge light at the end of my long DARK tunnel, but now at the end (hopefully) of the dislocations my strenght seems to be fading... (mentally)

Thanks again to you both and kirsta "god will NEVER put anything infront of you that you cant handel" I know :)! and I pray nothing else is put infront of me for the moment!

I wish you both well and hopefully we will all be fixed soon and back to joining in with 45 minute walks and back to our old habits that we love to do!

look after those knees Emma x x x
Left knee in Jan 06

Offline emma

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2005, 12:21:40 AM »
Cheers Shade!

I'm really pleased to hear that you have your date for surgery its an amzing relief to get the date and to start perparing yourself for the op and PT!

I'm going to a friends wedding in August and its in Itlay and I'm all booked for and paid now and looking forward to it so a cancellation is out of the question, also I sat down with my OS and we looked through his diary together he is preety well book up, and as a top surgoen in the UK he doesm't really get alot of cancellations! But if i was not going away I would of tried my luck!

Cheers again and I'm really pleased that you are keep Happy!

Em x

Left knee in Jan 06

Offline yippy

• Regular Poster
  • User's Text
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2005, 03:50:26 AM »
Hi Emma,
I'm really sorry to hear you sound so down. You wrote to me when things were yuck for me and made me feel better so I hope I can do the same. It is awful to feel so lonely, I think anyone who posts here understands that loneliness even with a huge group of people around you. I hope the walk with the dogs in the rain helped. I know that when I actually let myself cry it does release things even for a little while.I bet your dogs must help. Animals are very intuitive and always trusting. They are always there with a listening ear...a bit like kneegeeks teehee.... and they don't interupt you or get that blank look you sometimes get from friends and families.
I can't offer much practical advise as I am still a novise at the knee probs but I can offer you support and heaps of hugs!!!!
Thinking of you.
Marianne
shattered tibeal plateau,Blocked artery
3 months in external fixation.
Rehab hicups
Nerve pain from artery repair
16/1/07 Osteotomy to repair plateau angle

Offline Ron22

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2005, 05:04:26 AM »
em...never feel u are being whiny...every one of us is here for u and we prop each other up as others have said..look at me...next wkend is my 20th college reunion....old bandmates...hoops and rugby mates..been looking forward to it...for mths..tonite i fell and am now back on the stix....and as bad off as i was when i got knocked over in nyc last yr....i did get sad for a bit..and then just figured i could still go to the reunion ...just a bit more hobbled..the whole knee thing as others have said is so up and down..just have to feel the way u have to feel and then the clouds part eventually.....

take care of yourelf and sending u many hugs and warm thoughts...

cheers

ronnie
Surgery #1 ACL/LR/Mdl Mesniscus
Surgery #2 Vascular Repair
Surgery#3 ACL/Ltl Mesniscus/MCL
Surgery#4 Vascular Repair
Surgery#5 Maquet/Bone Graft/Screw/LR/ACL
Arthritis/Knee/Hip
Necrosis/Hip
PFS/Chronomalacia
RSD
Vascular Issues
All on Right Leg

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2005, 06:08:44 AM »
Hey Emma !!

You are fighting one of the worst battles, having kneepain and waiting for a surgerry.
It's great that you wrote here.Don't feel bad over expressing yourself here, you need to let it out and we are here for you whenever you need talking. Have you noticed that on the frontpage there's a icon chat, maybe it would be good for you to talk to someone else here. Just IM a person who's on and ask.
I hope you will have a great summer with sun so you can be out and just take it easy.
Hugs to you in millions from me Nettan  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline emma

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2005, 12:19:47 PM »
Thanks Yippy Ron and Marianne,

Mairanne you are right my dogs are a bit of a life line for me, I have to get up in the morning for them!! And they do give cuddles but they are not quite the same as to BIG arms round you eh!

Ron I' sorry that you had a fall, It's horrible when you are excited about a due or event coming up and th faithful old stick has to join you!!  :( You'll probably get lots of questions about what happened to your knee, look at the bright side at least you have an Ice breaker!!  ;D I wish you well hun!

Nettan you are a fiathful knee geek!! Always have words to cheer everyone up, and you are right i think waiting for my surgery is playing more on my mind than i thought, I wish I could have it done today!

Thankyou for your kinda words all of you are one in a million!

all my love Emma  x x x :-*

Left knee in Jan 06

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2005, 06:02:15 PM »
Thanks Emma !!

Your words makes me happy !! Glad if I can be to any help at all.

Hugs Nettan  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

support