Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: PKR recovery update!!  (Read 31031 times)

Offline JBL

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • LIFE RULES - STAY COOL
Re: PKR recovery update!!
« Reply #165 on: November 12, 2005, 03:03:41 AM »
Just received a call from the OS office, they have now rescheduled the 1st december op to now the 9th december because the hospital has a scheduling problem for that day, I was in already   go figure    :-\

Big Hugs
JBL
20/10/04  BILATERAL SCOPES
08/07/05  RPKR
09/12/05    LTKR

Offline kath

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
« Reply #166 on: November 12, 2005, 03:55:16 PM »
Oh JBL...how disappointing!  Thankfully it's only an 8 day difference, but still...I know when you have yourself pysched up for surgery, you want it ON THE DAY!

hang in there!

kath
Bi-lateral unicompartmental Nov 2004

Offline JBL

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • LIFE RULES - STAY COOL
« Reply #167 on: December 06, 2005, 11:08:53 AM »
Hi everyone,

Hows everyone going, what's been happening...

I am still on track for the 9th December TKR, had some ups and downs along the way since the last posting.  The OS's office keeps changing the date even changed the hospital venue but it is now still the 9th I hope......... only a couple of days to go...

Have some sad news Misty my Chihuhua dog who I had for 13yrs passed away on the 14th Nov she was a very sick dog and the vet suggested giving her the needle it was the hardest thing I had to do , but I know she is with me in spirit.
Milo is good thou as noisy as ever now, was fretting for a little while but has gone back to his usual self.

Must go only a couple days left to get everything done before hospital.

Take care everyone talk to u soon
Big Hugs
JBL (Gayle)
08/07/05  RPKR
09/12/05    LTKR

Offline kath

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
« Reply #168 on: December 07, 2005, 12:07:30 AM »
Gayle...I'm so sorry to hear of your little dog.  I'm sure the decision was very difficult for you, but no one likes to see their pet suffer with an illness.

Good luck this week.  I hope they don't change the date AGAIN at this late stage!  Please keep us posted!

Haven't heard from Stefanie in a long time.  I'm sure life is keeping her busy, but I hope she checks in soon.

I'll keep my eyes open for your update....best of luck!

kath

Offline UofRSpider

• Forum Faithful
  • User's Text
« Reply #169 on: December 14, 2005, 01:45:59 AM »
Hello all!   Merry Xmas!  Sorry for not posting earlier, been very busy and trying to figure out how to lose this additional weight I have gained over the past year (35 lbs  :o ).
I have been doing very well over the past few weeks...it was like a light switch turned off and my pain went 90% away!   But....I fell on the ice Monday morning and have been sore for a couple of days...no permanent damage though...whew...
JBL...sorry to hear about your little dog  :'(   Everything happens for a reason however, and I am sure she is in heaven and pain-free!  Now it is your turn to become pain free!

Good luck on the recovery from surgery and we wish you well! 
Everyone stay in touch, UofRSpider
October 2004 - Microfracture
May 2005 - PKR
October 2006 - Lateral release

Offline kath

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • User's Text
« Reply #170 on: December 14, 2005, 11:56:07 PM »
UofRSpider...so glad things are going well for you.  I am so scared of ice now!  Slipping is my worst nightmare...did you have your knee checked out after your fall?  Last year at this time I still used crutches...and though I hated them, they did give me a feeling of confidence on the ice and snow.  Now it's just me....and baby steps!

Gayle...hope your surgery went well...looking forward to your post to see how you are doing!

kath

Offline UofRSpider

• Forum Faithful
  • User's Text
« Reply #171 on: December 15, 2005, 01:43:50 AM »
UofRSpider...so glad things are going well for you.  I am so scared of ice now!  Slipping is my worst nightmare...did you have your knee checked out after your fall?  Last year at this time I still used crutches...and though I hated them, they did give me a feeling of confidence on the ice and snow.  Now it's just me....and baby steps!

Gayle...hope your surgery went well...looking forward to your post to see how you are doing!

kath

No I did not get it checked.  I think it is fine.  It hurt for several days but I think I may have over-extended it.  I agree the ice makes me really worried.  I slipped on blackice and could not see it....down I went.  Thanks for the reply.
May 2005 - PKR

Offline JBL

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • LIFE RULES - STAY COOL
« Reply #172 on: December 27, 2005, 09:35:32 AM »
HEEEELLLLLLLL00000000  EVERYBODY,

MERRRRY   CHRISTMAS TO ALLLLLLLLL !!!!!!!

I have just arrived home and could not get on the computer quick enough to let u know how happy everything has been and been thinking of you all, so it will take me awhile to read the past couple of weeks posts and hope everyone has been well and the festivities of xmas was a joyous one.

I woke up with a huge headache on the 9th Dec surgery day arrived at the hospital at 10.00am and and went thru the booking procedures was showed to my room I was told my surgery would be at 2.30pm, by that time I was so sick I was throwing up in my bathroom they said it was nerves, I thought they were going to cancel the surgery but they said I would be OK went on.  Well I was prepped had a spinal which I was awake for, the first surgery I was asleep for everything but this time second time round when they did the spinal and I was awake thru the whole procedure could hear everything that was happening had the blue curtain could not see anything so that was good maybe I should have I would have fainted, but I could not move it was the weirdest thing I have every encountered but it did not bother me I could hear the hammer and everything but what does one do, I tried to get to sleep could not just grinned and beared it..  The only thing I hated was when I went to recovery I wanted to sit up but the nurse said I could not because of the spinal would make my recover worse and would get very sick had to stay on my back but the surgery to 2 and half hours with a TKR and all I wanted to do was sit up had enough of lying flat on my back.
Arrived back at my room, had no halucinations nothing, the only problem on abut day three I was on the CPM for about 3 hours and the next morning both my knees were screaming out in pain so the CPM was put aside and the therapist was terrific in getting my knee to bend by the time I left hospital I was at 60 after 1 week and then went to rehab hospital arried home today with a bend of 80.  The whole process was so easy, I am soooo happy, the knee still has swelling and is still sore but compared to the first surgery there is no comparison.  They are to Totally different outcomes, so now waiting for the swelling to go away but I feel the Dr has done a terrific job I see him on the 5th Jan and I feel he will be so pleased.

Well that's it from me am now going to catch up will all that you have been doing, I will have fun and relax now all is now rehabbing time.

Have a fantastic day everyone, if having a bad day it does get better.....

Lots of Big Huge  Hugs
Love Gayle
08/07/05  RPKR
09/12/05    LTKR

Offline JBL

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • LIFE RULES - STAY COOL
« Reply #173 on: December 31, 2005, 02:02:49 AM »
Hi everyone,

Kath, UofSpider and Stephanie.

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!

Have a terrific time celebrating, and thanks so much for all your support this year there have been many ups and downs but very much looking forward to the new year,  have great time....

Lots of Hugs
Love Gayle
« Last Edit: December 31, 2005, 02:06:23 AM by JBL »
08/07/05  RPKR
09/12/05    LTKR

Offline UofRSpider

• Forum Faithful
  • User's Text
« Reply #174 on: January 26, 2006, 12:11:34 PM »
Hey gang!   Just checking in and giving an update.  Hope everyone is pain-free and walking unassisted everywhere! 

I am still having a great deal of pain coming from the medial side of my knee.  My OS back in November (six month checkup) stated that my MCL needed to be stretched when the PKR was done and he thinks the pain is coming from my MCL and not the PKR.  This pain is very significant and irritating.   It is prohibiting me from doing many activities including walking distances, and standing for periods of time.   The longer I sit still the more significant the pain will be the first 20 steps or so.  Any thoughts?
May 2005 - PKR

Offline pegleg78

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • slow and steady wins the race.
« Reply #175 on: January 26, 2006, 02:56:45 PM »
That doesn't sound very fun, I hope that you can get it sorted out soon. When you last saw your OS did he say how long that it would take for you MCL to strech out? I would think that it should be getting better, not worse. It amy be worth a call or visit to your OS since it is getting worse.
99 ACL, med, lat men repair
00 Med menisectomy, lat men repair
01 med, lat meniscus transplant, ACL rev, LR
01 chrondroplasty, manip & debrid
02 med, lat partial menisectomy
03 Arthrotomy,  LOA, LR
05 chrondroplasty, lat men repair, shrink ACL
05  med menisectomy, chrondropla
05 med PKR

Offline JBL

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • LIFE RULES - STAY COOL
« Reply #176 on: January 27, 2006, 10:07:33 AM »
Hey U of Spider,

Sorry to hear you are still having problems with the PKR or maybe the MCL?

I stated with my PT on the last visit the same as you if I sit for too long, that I find the first few step are difficult then it seems to lossen and the walking gets easier.

Since I have had both knees done 5 months apart she said this is normal, and her other patients also have stated this problem also,she said it takes about 12 months before everything gets to being normal, so to speak or gets alot easier.... I said I hope so and she was positive it will...

I agree with Pegleg see the OS again it won't hurt to make sure and eases the mind as well..

Good luck let us know how you get on.

Huge Hugs
Gayle   :-*
08/07/05  RPKR
09/12/05    LTKR

Offline dpimblett

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #177 on: February 18, 2011, 03:49:36 AM »
I had an Oxford partial on the 26th on January, so 3 weeks ago. I am feeling great, my knee is still a little swollen ROM is 102. I can walk up and down stairs and am doing squats and lateral squats at rehab. My knee hasn't felt this good or stable for many years. Good luck with your recovery.