Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: need advice on cyclops lesion  (Read 2793 times)

Offline nzchik

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
need advice on cyclops lesion
« on: May 24, 2005, 10:14:29 AM »
Hi all,
In May 2002 I ruptured my ACL, tore my PLC and my MCL. I had them repaired in November 2002. Also did some damage to my meniscus. In october 2003 after still having alot of pain i had a lateral retinaculuar release to realign my patella, during which they discovered and removed a cyclops lesion. I am now still having alot of pain and lack of extension and they suspect that it may be another cyclops lesion. Has anyone else had issues with this problem recurring? I am only 17 want to know what loong term effects of this could be
Cheers
May 02: ACL rupture
Nov 02: ACL recon
Oct 04: Reinicular Release
June 06: Meniscal debribement
June 07: Arthroscopy
Feb 08: rerupture ACL, tear MCL, cartilage x2
Aug 08: tidy up
Nov 09: ACLr redo with allograft
Aug 11: ACL rupture #3
Mar 12: ACL recon stage 1 bone grafts. Knee pretty much shagged

Offline hottubpam

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
Re: need advice on cyclops lesion
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2005, 02:46:38 PM »
Cyclops lesion is a form a scar tissue - arthrofibrosis.  I had one after my ACL recon. and had surgery to remove it.  Unfortunately the OS was not trained in dealing with scar tissue and the scar tissue grew back. 

Use the search engine on this bulletin board and type in cyclops lesion and/or scar tissue or arthrofibrosis.  You will see numerous posts from people with similar conditions.

The most important advice I can give you is to find an OS that has a LOT of experience in effectively dealing with scar tissue.  If you want to tell us where you live, members of this board may be able to recommend someone.  However, most of us that are being treated by "experts" in this condition have had to travel hundreds, or thousands of miles to get the proper treatment.

Scar tissue can cause permanent damage in your knee and the longer you wait the more difficult it will be to treat.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Pam
ACLR, Menisectomy 3/04; ACL resection, Cyclops lesion removal, LOA & MUA 10/04; LOA, LR & AIR 12/29/04;#4&5 surgery on 2/9/05 & 3/2/05 debridement, irrigation & lavage, portal closure; #6  LOA, AIR, LR & other releases 12/9/05; #7 surgery 1/18/06 portal closure, lavage, debrid etc #8 skin graft 3/06

support