Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: historical debridement surgeries...  (Read 715 times)

Offline JenSinclair

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • Canis meus id comedit.
historical debridement surgeries...
« on: May 23, 2005, 03:02:26 AM »
When my OS took my history, I mentioned to him that my mom had debridements on both of her knees back in about 1951 -- she had a two year old (my brother) who was in hospital having his tonsils and adenoids out, a newborn (my sister) who was in hospital having the first of many surgeries to repair a cleft lip, and she was in for the debridement.  I mentioned this to him because he said that part of my problem is that I inherited a less than ideal anatomical structure.  I remember my mom saying that the recovery from that surgery was the most God-awful pain she ever experienced -- worse than delivery of the three of us...and I weighed nearly 9 pounds at birth.

What do you all (perhaps Dr. G. or Danielle?) know about historical debridement procedures?  Also, does it make some kind of sense that she would have had a debridement (and maybe drilling to encourage new growth?) for something similar to what will be fixed for me (we hope!) with LR/TTT?  I suppose, more accurately, it was to solve the resulting damage to the articular cartilege than to solve the maltracking, etc.

Let me know what you think.

Peace,
Jen
LR/TTT 3 August 2006, RK
LR/TTT 16 June 2005, LK
CPMs are evil.

support