Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Me again....about my knee  (Read 665 times)

Offline Leon Howell

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Me again....about my knee
« on: May 22, 2005, 08:27:15 PM »
I will go into a bit more detail about my knee injury....I compete....(competed) in MMA/cage fighting where a leg submission was put on me where the top of my leg was held still, and the bottom of my leg was twisted from my foot which tore my meniscus at the back....the first surgeon could not find anything wrong..and the second wasn't really sure because of what i was feeling...he then decided to have a look inside my knee thinking that i would need a ligament reconstruction because my knee was so weak and had a big empty space that i have previously described...once looking in my knee he said all ligaments were fine but i had a big tear in my meniscus at the back of my knee and he stitched it up...BUT i still feel weak..like something is missing...something isn't supporting my knee....the hole is on the inside of my knee..just below the middle..and i can put my finger in it about a centimetre.... my knee still feels strong when i extend it but really weak when it twists... i have no pain or swelling..just a hole....please give me any advice.

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Me again....about my knee
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2005, 03:11:45 PM »
Hey Leon !!

How about strenghtening your muscles around your knee ? Are you doing phys after surgery to get back in shape ? How long is it since your accident and surgery ?
A knee can stay weak for years if you not do your phys enough.

Nettan  8)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

support