Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Re: Thanks for the pics, Shaz  (Read 4131 times)

Offline The KNEEguru

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 115
  • The KNEEguru
    • The KNEEguru
Re: Thanks for the pics, Shaz
« on: January 07, 2003, 08:01:02 PM »
The Odd Bods gallery is great.  Shazinoz sent me the pictures, too, and I thought that they could start off a gallery on the site, not just of 'Odd Bods' but anything interesting that you want to add, and don't mind showing off -

http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/assets/gallery/KNEEgeeks.html

If anyone wants to send me more, please make sure that you mark clearly in the 'Subject' header that they are from the KNEEgeeks board, as I get loads of spam and generally delete attachments.  They should be sent preferably as .jpg files.  You may also have to tell me what they are if they seem a bit obscure.

Thanks Shazinoz.  Now you are doubly famous!

KNEEguru
« Last Edit: January 07, 2003, 08:08:30 PM by admin »
--
KNEEguru

SL99

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2003, 11:51:01 PM »
Thanks KneeGuru.  :)

The galleries are really good way of showing people about various problems including hypermobility as we oddbods tend to get a bit blase about our "tricks" as we live with them. It's not until someone pulls a funny face when I bend my fingers back or sublux my thums that I realise it's not that normal!  ::)

At least now we can all learn a little about each other's problems wierd or otherwise and maybe educate people in recognising them and treating then.

Thanks again to you, M and Shaz. I hope to take part in both galleries once I finish my current film or manage to get a digital camera! Might be an idea to put some kind of health warning with the shots of my legs though as I'm not sure the world is ready for such a sight! ;)

Thanks again Love...Jo
xx

Offline Shazinoz

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • G'Day from Australia
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2003, 02:32:07 PM »
ROFLMAO  ;D  ;D  ;D
Oh boy now there would be a shock to the general public and medical profession a like LOL, seeing our Odd Bod Faces (Mine anyway) let alone our funky anonymous bodies.
I will send you more of my hypermobile shoulders, hips, spine, knees, and anything else I can think off (maybe what the bruises and stretchmarks and scars of a hypermobile/EDS'er can look like (my version anyway))
I think it is great that we can serve this educational purpose to show others what we mean when we say we are hypermobile (I wish I had photos of what I could do pre injuries (ie both shoulders, and both knees esp lotus position etc)
Good luck and here is to further freaky photo's.
2 ACL 'reco's', 3 'scopes', Pain, JRA, EDS, RSD, CMP, osetochondral defect & #, synovitis, adhesions, nerve damage, foot drop, MCL damage, tendonitis, fibrosis, ligament damage AGAIN, dislocations +++

Offline rhea

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.......
    • Budgie Love!
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2003, 05:27:31 PM »
LoL, Gosh, who'd ever guess I'd grow up and be an odd bod model LoL.  Actually, I find this gallery helpful because I've discovered several new hypermobile tricks that I can use at the next doc appointment lol.  

Thanks for the gallery M, it's great!

rhea
7 yrs of knee troubles (maltracking, maybe plica).  
Finally found wonderful OS(#4)!
Diagnostic scope+biopsy schduled for sept 23,2003  
HMS/EDS III
Chronic joint pain,subluxations,microtraumas...

SL99

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2003, 08:49:08 PM »
Well I finally took the plunge and my snazzy new digital camera is arriving tomorrow! So watch out world here comes another Odd Bod model to add to the list!!  ;D

Greta idea of using the images to show the docs Rhea, that's certainly something I'll try. Hope my fellow weirdies are all well and that you are suitably forewarned and prepared for shocking images of my little goblin limbs! It'll be like a very low budget Tolkien movie!  ;)

Love.....Jo
xx

Offline wriggley

• Regular Poster
  • Bad Spellers of the World Untie!
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2003, 12:39:41 AM »
hi guys i've got a new trick i think you guys will be impressed with i have already told Jo about this one.  The joint between my sacrum (last couple of fused vertabrae at the base of the spine) and my ilium (the pelvis) have started to sublux.  I would think this was pretty funny if it didnt hurt quite so much! ;) but anyway i thought that was a good one!

wriggley ;D ;D ;D
Paraplegic(inc. L5) due to a spinal cord bleed along with previous knee and hypermobility problems

Offline Shazinoz

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • G'Day from Australia
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2003, 02:16:22 AM »
Wriggly,
I can join you in that one my Sacro-iliac joints (SIJ's) sublux too, well one does and the other is permaently out (I am told). You can get a SIJ belt which is supposed to help limit SIJ subluxations. It is a wide belt tht you do p ver the hip/pelvis area and pull firm to help hold them in place.
Good luck and hang in there (and boy does it hurt).
2 ACL 'reco's', 3 'scopes', Pain, JRA, EDS, RSD, CMP, osetochondral defect & #, synovitis, adhesions, nerve damage, foot drop, MCL damage, tendonitis, fibrosis, ligament damage AGAIN, dislocations +++

SL99

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2003, 04:12:04 AM »
Well, took me a while but I finally got my digital camera and persuaded my Dad there was a good reason for taking pictures of my goblin limbs in odd positions!  ;D

Hope the sight of my Odd Bod bits aren't too off putting for you all!  ::)

Love....Jo
xx

Offline Shazinoz

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • G'Day from Australia
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2003, 02:41:00 PM »
Hey,
I too can do the 2 left hand thing too (I can turn my shoulder elbow and wrist all the way around so that it faces the wrong way around). This freaks everyone around too. As does the thing nin the photos where I can bend my thumb back over the backs of my hands.
I used to be able to do the feet on head things too but with the knees and pevis/hip injuries over the years I seem to have some scar tissue and pain that stops me know  :( . I can still get my "good" knee (or I could before I did my hip) up into my groin in the lotus postition and as kids my brother sister and I used to sit in full lotus position and then get up on our knees and "run" around the house.
OUr odd bodd collection is getting pretty good, we really are a grounp of flexi freaks  (in the best possible way)  ;D ;D

SL99

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2003, 06:20:33 PM »
LoL - to the circus it is then!!  ;D

Glad you liked the "two left hands" one guys - that's long been a fave of my original OS! Hmm, I can still do the lotus position actually, with my feet resting on the very top of my iliial crest. Up until my knee blew big time I could actually put my ankle behind my neck too, which was even too freaky for my surgeon adn would turn him a lovely shade of green!  ;)

It's funny you should say about thinsg being normal when you do them M, as I didn't realise how freaky my trick's were until I saw them on the screen. Being detached from them made me see them for how odd they really are. Isn't it strange how you become normalised to something so abnormal?!  ::)

Happy flexing my fellow Odd Bods,

Love......Jo
xx

SL99

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2003, 01:39:09 AM »
LOL - I can just imagine us all sitting looking at the pictures and think hold on I can do that! It's a very bad influence that gallery - I just know I'm going to get stuck in one position or other and have to explain it embarassedly to Casualty! ;D

Hmm related huh? Yeah, mabe we're the long lost sisters of flex?!  ;D

Love....Jo
xx

Offline rhea

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.......
    • Budgie Love!
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2003, 08:51:15 PM »
Hey Jo, fabulous pics LoL.  Yes I must admit  I did find myself attempting a lot of those things in the pictures and was really surprised to see how many I could do LoL.  But don't worry M, I was careful not to push it and do myself an injury.  My fav. trick is the feet in the too directions.  Mine looks exactly like M's feet in the 2 opposite direction so I won't bother photographing that.  LoL I know a career for us!  Specialty models LOL There we go!  Distorting, twisting, and flexing our limbs for public entertainment LoL  Nah.... I don't think the public is ready for our brand of talent Ha ha ha.  

(((Hugs))) eveyone

rhea
7 yrs of knee troubles (maltracking, maybe plica).  
Finally found wonderful OS(#4)!
Diagnostic scope+biopsy schduled for sept 23,2003  
HMS/EDS III
Chronic joint pain,subluxations,microtraumas...

Offline AC

• Forum Faithful
  • User's Text
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2003, 05:56:08 PM »
Hey Guys,

I took a look at your gallery and was surprised to find out that I could do them all, plus a few extras of my own.

But as of now, I only have problems with my knees.  Does being hypermobile ALWAYS mean you will have other problems, or can the pains just be isolated to knees, even thought other joints are hypermobile too?

Just wondering.

Thanks,
AC
Lateral Release along with patella cleanup and bone spur shaving - Early September 2002 - Had a blood clot (DVT) as a complication.
TTT, Scope, and LR in mid June 2003.

support