Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Knee nightmares!  (Read 751 times)

Offline PattiAnn237

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Knee nightmares!
« on: May 22, 2005, 02:51:33 AM »
Every night since my OS suggested a TTT I have had nightmares about knee surgery.  I know this decision is weighing on my mind, but could it at least give me a break while Im sleeping!!!  Im scared to death to have a TTT, but Im scared to death to have knee pain for the rest of my life.  Any ideas on making this an easier process??  Thanks, ~Patti
25 y/o
Left knee- lateral tilt, lateral tracking, arthritis
LR 8/5/04 (failed)
Diagnostic Scope- 5/2/05 (scar tissue removed)
Holding off on TTT till I can get through school!

Offline rozzzie

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • smile:a little curve that strightens everythig out
Re: Knee nightmares!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2005, 03:01:58 AM »
Patti, t hat's a tough one.  Have you tried talking to a trusted friend, or your GP?  Talking about your fears may help you subconscious deal with this better, at least you will have a chance to talk about the plusses and minuses out loud, I find that sometimes my logic falters when the argument is all in my head?

Best of Luck whatever your decision; remember that whatever decision you make is the right decision for now.  Don't second guess yourself.

H U G s !  !

Rozzzie
OA of knees since 85 
93 scrambled ankle - PE
98 PE
99 anlke fusion
04 hit by car broken leg, ribs AC joint seperation
RTKR  Dec 1 2005
LTKR. IM rod removal March 16, 2006

shadehawk

Re: Knee nightmares!
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2005, 10:53:29 AM »
~Patti,

Hi, sorry about your frustration with decision making.  It is a tough call, but you can not go on for the rest of your life missing things because of all this pain either.  You can not let you knee decide what you are going to be doing.  Read posts from other people that have had this surgery - most have had good success from this surgery and have not looked back.
They are not here anymore they are out enjoying their lives.

Don't let this get the best of you - talk it over with friends, family, or a doctor and do what is right for you and your knee.  Also you could ask your GP for something to help you sleep - let him/her know what is going on right now.

Good luck,

Shade