Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Useless injury comparisons  (Read 2338 times)

Offline stgiles16

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
    • My photo album
Re: Useless injury comparisons
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2005, 05:22:15 PM »
And to think that I took 7 years of ballet LOL. It was very embarassing explaining that one.
I too am glad that I am not the only one.
missy
2 ligament recons right ankle
2 arthroscopic,
5 open knee procedures
2 Plica removals
bone spur removal
2 microfractures
4 debridements
2 open LOAs all on left knee
Arthritis,both knees, ankles, shoulders, elbows, hands,spine
Fibromyalgia
Arthrofibrosis
LOA & PKR 2/15/06
RA
in pain mgmt
TKR JAN 2012

Offline Run262

• Regular Poster
  • User's Text
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2005, 06:55:34 PM »
I have to add my two cents here.

While I have had knee surgery and some complications (so I know what it feels like to be in pain and not be able to use your knee) I have to say, that a painful herniated disc in your back that causes radiating symptoms down your leg is more painful and debiliating for me. I only thought my knee problem was the worst and most painful thing that happened to me until I herniated a disc in my back - having to deal with pain upon ANY lower limb movement is horrible, the back problem took all focus away from my knee.
2/04 - Diagnostic scope suspected meniscus tear - normal healthy joint found. L knee
4/04 - cortisone shot L knee - two weeks later, the portal scar tissue during re-hab broke up! All is good!
8/11 - Lateral meniscus radial tear - scope - L knee

Offline Zaz

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2005, 07:53:14 PM »
I've got chronic back pain - always have had - but the knee has made it so much worse.  I thought I understood chronic pain, you know - at least a little - before my knee injury but I didn't have a clue. 

I think maybe having a  cortizone injection in my heel was the worst pain I'd had before this.  But that's really just a couple seconds of pain.  I know perfectly well that there are many people who have far more pain than I do.  I don't want to experience it, thanks.
"I believe in looking reality straight in the eye and denying it."  Garrison Keillor

Offline JenniferCH

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2005, 05:20:44 AM »
OMG!!!!  Yes, I hear the ACL tear alone will get you back up and walking, bending, etc.  My fractures went undx for almost 4 weeks.  I was in SOOOO much pain.  I am over the 6 week hump and when they didn't know about the fractures, I was poppin' em' 2 times a day for PT.

My newest problem is the medial meniscus.  I cannot bend more than 93 and I need to get to 120.  I don't suppose you have medial meniscus experience, eh?

jen

support