Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: not sure what to do  (Read 998 times)

Offline daisygirl2

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
not sure what to do
« on: May 21, 2005, 01:16:08 AM »
ok my course of PT is almost up. And the BAD thing is it hasn't done much or make that anything. MY PT who is amazing is frustrated because nothing is helping. She thinks I should have PT for 6 months. My OS only prescribed it for shorter amount of time to see if it helps. Well that time is almost up. Who do I listen to my PT or MY OS? I think my OS wanted to give it a try and then do more tests. Anyone else been in this position? I kinda feel stuck in the middle. Beacuse neither of them have a CLEAR idea on waht is the best course of treatment. I'm a difficult case I guess.... (this is my 4th OS by the way the others just threw up their hands) But I trust both of them...I wonder if there is a way to get them to talk and work TOGETHER. LOL

Offline PattiAnn237

• Forum Faithful
  • User's Text
Re: not sure what to do
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2005, 04:57:07 PM »
Ive been in sorta the same situation, what is your acctual diagnosis? 
25 y/o
Left knee- lateral tilt, lateral tracking, arthritis
LR 8/5/04 (failed)
Diagnostic Scope- 5/2/05 (scar tissue removed)
Holding off on TTT till I can get through school!

Offline daisygirl2

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2005, 08:45:19 PM »

I have a combination of problems...menisucs tear, misalignment, tendionitis, scar tissue, hypermobile knees, nerve damage, and add to that a hip problem and an underlaying nueromusclar condition.

Offline sparkle999

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2005, 09:24:14 PM »
Perhaps you could ask your Pt to either phone or write to your OS? I asked my PT to do this so that my OS would umderstand the effort I put in . Recently mt PT has written to him again to ask his opinion on what she wants to do next. I really think you have so much going on in your knee they both need to focus on the samr bit at once.

Hope you feel better soon
xx
35 y/o
ACL rupture
loose body under kneecap
impaction fractures
injury 19th march 2005
scope 9th may
recon 24th october 05

Offline PattiAnn237

• Forum Faithful
  • User's Text
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2005, 02:44:58 AM »
cant you do more PT and other tests.  Have you had any injections.  Getting a cortozone shot and then doing PT is a great way to diagnose.  Cortozone is essentially a numbing agent, so if injected behind the knee and your pain is truely coming from behind your knee you should have some pain relief, and really benefit in PT.  ~Patti
25 y/o
Left knee- lateral tilt, lateral tracking, arthritis
LR 8/5/04 (failed)
Diagnostic Scope- 5/2/05 (scar tissue removed)
Holding off on TTT till I can get through school!

Offline daisygirl2

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2005, 05:41:19 AM »
I had the cortozone injection before PT. and it failed. It did nothing to help me out.